Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

Free DC-3 works ok

Its the old FSX one.

Here:

https://www.msfsaddon.com/2021/05/msfs2020-douglas-dc-3-freeware-aircraft.html

Overspeed ribbon always seems to show, but correct speed is shown, prop condition levers work ok, cowl flaps can be changed with keyboard shortcuts.

Aliased to King Air cockpit.

Have'nt tried it with a flightplan yet.

Its one of the few engine sounds I don't mind listening to!

Nice 😊

FWIW, if it is Manfred Jahn’s model being ported, and it sure looks the part, he specifically asked that it not be… he’s important enough to me, not to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, seamaster55 said:

Its the old FSX one.

And it says on the linked page, "Conversion to MSFS2020 from FSX default Douglas DC3"

Of course, it may still be Manfred Jahn's model behind all that smokescreen, that really sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

1 hour ago, lzamm said:

And it says on the linked page, "Conversion to MSFS2020 from FSX default Douglas DC3"

Of course, it may still be Manfred Jahn's model behind all that smokescreen, that really sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Nah.

You can tell with the shape of it and the other liveries that its just the old FSX version. 😅

I don't believe it is but Manfred usually keeps a watch on DC 3 ports and he WILL let us know, so until such time, I think we can just enjoy it.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sigh.  Perhaps I should have put a </scarcasm > at the end of that post.  😉 

It comes with 6 liveries.

Assuming its not derived from the Jahn/Visser C-47 product, anyone  know of any liveries that will work on this DC-3?

T45

Edited by Treetops45

Holy Moly guys, who the heck wants to fly a crippled mediocre default FSX DC-3 model with a King Air cockpit fumbled up inside as VC ???!!  Sjeeezzz....  😁

The picture of the AA Flagship that comes with the announcement shows the payware AH/JF DC-3 with Wright engines. Certainly not a version Manfred ever produced. It's just bait. The thumbnails inside the file deffinately show the default FSX DC-3.

IMHO, leave this thing on the scrapyard where it belongs. Manfred has stated not to take his magnificent C-47 into MSFS so just wait for AH to release their DC-3/C-47. It looks to be just about ready so it probabely won't take that long.

Cheers,
Jan

• Like 4

Jan

On 11/16/2021 at 9:10 PM, cavaricooper said:

FWIW, if it is Manfred Jahn’s model being ported, and it sure looks the part, he specifically asked that it not be… he’s important enough to me, not to touch it with a 10 foot pole.

With all due respect, Manfred's model is a C47 and not a DC3.
It is what it is, its "developer" does not pretend anything else and
appears to have been totally honest about what was done.

Manfred's version, apart from being a C47, also features round wheels
and engine panels, unlike the FSX default that this very clearly is. 
If it is not to anyone's taste, the very simple answer is not to download it.

2.jpg

9 hours ago, Reader said:

With all due respect, Manfred's model is a C47 and not a DC3.
It is what it is, its "developer" does not pretend anything else and
appears to have been totally honest about what was done.

Manfred's version, apart from being a C47, also features round wheels
and engine panels, unlike the FSX default that this very clearly is. 
If it is not to anyone's taste, the very simple answer is not to download it.

2.jpg

If it all was totally honest the screenshot above should've been added to the announcement, not a screenie of the payware AH/JF AA Flagship DC-3 for P3D. This discussion would not have been needed then.  

It's turning the clock back to as far as FS5 of which i guess half of the current avsim users don't have a clue about. There we were presented with the very first FS DC-3. External model only by John Kelley. You'd have to 'fly it' with the default C172 panel and sound..... (and FYI, whereupon a clever Scotsman living in Canada programmed the very first payware FS panel, based on the DC-3. By then FS panels/gauges could only be programmed via C++ )  

That's almost 30 years ago.  

Personally i have no clue what the developer of this package has had in mind. A time machine that brings you back to 2003 FS9 and then backwards to the mid 90's FS5. If someone is into this sort of thing then more power to him  😎

Edited by Javiz

Jan