Sign in to follow this  
tktheo93

Scenery TR Design -40% (P3d)

Some nice scenery for a decent discount on Simmarket.

https://secure.simmarket.com/specials.php?sgid=2866

• Like 2

Can anyone say how well SCENERYTR - İSTANBUL AIRPORT - LTFM P3D4-5 performs and how well they like it?

paradisca1

Dell Precision T3610, Windows 7 x64 + Windows XP x32 (dual boot)
Intel Xeon Processor ES-1620 v2, 4 core, 3.70 GHz
8GD DDR3-1600 
Nvidia GTX 960,  Dell U3011 (3560 x 1600 px) + Asus Pa245Q (1929 x 1200px)
FSX Acceleration

I bought their Sabiha Gökçen International Airport (LTFJ) for FSX/P3D which gets solid 5-star ratings

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Thank you. And it costs less than $10 US on sale. I think I will try it.

8GD DDR3-1600 
FSX Acceleration

Any thoughts on Ankara? I've had Sabiha Gökçen for a while and it is excellent. Gonna pick up LTFM as well.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

On 11/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, paradisca1 said:

Can anyone say how well SCENERYTR - İSTANBUL AIRPORT - LTFM P3D4-5 performs and how well they like it?

paradisca1

At my system it performs pretty well, even with a lot of AI traffic. The fact that I have no other scenery active there exept OpenLC EU (does it cover the European part of Turkey??) might help. The airport itself (terminal buildings) looks very good. The ground is very clean - which it might also be the case in real life at this stage. My only real criticism is the aerial image around the airport, which is a little blurry for 2021 standards and lacks some more objects or more autogen scenery. Apart from that, I can highly recommend it, even more at 40% off. I got it for "only" 25% off some weeks ago, but that's OK, concidering the quality. Sabiah Gokcen was excellent, too. I don't have Ankara, but, being built in between the 2 mentioned airports, I don't think it will disappoint.

Edited by VitaminA330

Regards, Dominik

Thanks very much Dominik. My only remaining concern is that the airport is too new to appear in my P3D. I have never dealt with that before. I suppose updating my Navigraph data will include LTFM. But the Garmin data for the GTN 750 is not updatable without buying a very expensive subscription. Have you found a way to handle this? Anyway you have convinced me to buy it and try it.

8GD DDR3-1600 
FSX Acceleration

If you're only talking about the appearance in the default P3d database, it's no problem, as it is there after installation alongside with the old LTBA.

If you can manage to have your Navdata updated without an annual subscription (which should be possible as you say), then the only problem apart from the GTN 750 would be AI Traffic, for the case that you use it. If you've created yours for yourself (by text files), it's relatively easy to replace all LTBA entries by LTFM, using Notepad++ for example, but if you have automatic installers, you would have to decompile all airline files first, that were flying to LTBA, then replace the entries as described, and then recompile. Or just use newer flightplans.

Well, about the GTN 750, I'm sorry, I don't know exactly, as all my flights to and from Istanbul happen with FSL, PMDG, QWSim,... airliners. Do you mean the Flight1 GTN 750? Anyhow, I have in mind that they update their AIRAC cycle from time to time if you reinstall oder update it. They never have the current data included, but if I remember correctly, they updated to data which were app 2 or 3 years older than the current ones. Maybe you're lucky and LTFM is already included in the "newest" version??

Regards, Dominik

Thank you for your helpful reply. I did mean the Flight1 GTN 750 but you are correct that I will not be flying a Bonanza into LTFM. Flight1 has not provided a Garmin update since mid 2019 so they are due.

As to AI, I use ( and like) AIGAIM. I am going to check their forum and see if they have already solved the problem for their Turkish Airlines flight plans.

8GD DDR3-1600 
FSX Acceleration

11 hours ago, paradisca1 said:

Thank you for your helpful reply. I did mean the Flight1 GTN 750 but you are correct that I will not be flying a Bonanza into LTFM. Flight1 has not provided a Garmin update since mid 2019 so they are due.

As to AI, I use ( and like) AIGAIM. I am going to check their forum and see if they have already solved the problem for their Turkish Airlines flight plans.

Get RXP GTN for your sum GA. Still updated regularly and it looks and works great. Put it on Xtreme Lear 24  in dual and you will have a great fun little corporate jet to blast around Europe in. Hear in the States that's 90 minutes to two hours for Pennsylvania to Florida depending on North or South FLA.