Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

Feature Discovery Series Episode 11: Reno Air Races

Watch as David Dedeine, Creative Director as Asobo Studios, delves into details on our new expansion, Reno Air Races, coming November 18th,

• Like 7

What is he saying at 5:33?  

"You will soon realize that your mump hole is always under pressure, and that cold blow is the key to success"?

I can't take any more pressure on my mump hole!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Af8-bJ1NTY&t=333s

• Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

3 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

"You will soon realize that your mump hole is always under pressure, and that cold blow is the key to success"?

Don't be ridiculous! If you turn on the captions, it's totally clear: "You will soon realize that your monthly is always under pressure, and that cold blood is the key to success" See? That's obvious, isn't it?🤨

🤔

• Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

Don't be ridiculous! If you turn on the captions, it's totally clear: "You will soon realize that your monthly is always under pressure, and that cold blood is the key to success" See? That's obvious, isn't it?🤨

🤔

Thanks, good Pro Tip on the captions and it does make sense - keeping the blood cold around the mump hole area should help reduce swelling and pressure, and ought to work a lot better than this worn out old hemorrhoid pillow.    

I'm not complaining, his English is still way better than my French!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Monthly mumps require a lot of... mental 😄 

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Where can we get these T-shirts?

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

One thing for sure, if the online races are divided between PC and Xbox, then the Xbox players will have a better chance. And Reno Xbox ought to really increase the street cred of MSFS. People who weren't interested in MSFS might become so, if they already own an Xbox. Just because of these races!

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I don't know why they decided to use slideshow footage to showcase the air races. That frame rate is horrible. Hopefully it doesn't actually run like garbage. The beta ran well but I was only ever against one or two players, never successfully managed to play with a full lobby.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

One thing for sure, if the online races are divided between PC and Xbox, then the Xbox players will have a better chance.

Why's that? Because "they" are "gamers"? Most of them will be using gamepads whereas many PC users will be using purpose-made flight control hardware, so should have better handling if anything. Even if you are in the "MSFS is a sim, not a game", camp, there are plenty of PC gamers and plenty of PC owners who have consoles (me included, just that it's PS4 rather than XBox).

On the other hand, maybe I've just entirely missed the point you were making!🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

43 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Why's that? Because "they" are "gamers"? Most of them will be using gamepads whereas many PC users will be using purpose-made flight control hardware, so should have better handling if anything. Even if you are in the "MSFS is a sim, not a game", camp, there are plenty of PC gamers and plenty of PC owners who have consoles (me included, just that it's PS4 rather than XBox).

On the other hand, maybe I've just entirely missed the point you were making!🙂

I was thinking the same as you.

Also, Asobo said this is definitely not arcade racing; you need to know how to handle the airplanes realistically, i.e. they are simulating the real race and behaviour (this is still a simulator, after all), and it's been tested by the real racing pilots. It would be like saying that as soon as the real pilots go out on this racing circuit, it's all a game to them and they don't need real piloting skills or knowledge anymore.

I don't think there will be a clear advantage one side over the other. Or, if there is, it will more likely fall to the experienced pilot's side.

And, having said that, I'm sure there are now plenty of experienced pilots/flight simmers with consoles and dedicated peripherals for those machines -- or people, like me, who are new to flight simulation, who are just as eager as anyone else here ever was to learn the ins and outs of real flight. There's certainly a large community of other simmers playing on consoles, whether it's driving simulator players with force feedback steering wheels and pedals, or train simulation enthusiasts with rail driver controls and/or mouse and keyboard for their consoles. Dedicated/simulation controllers have been around for games consoles for decades.

It's a bit like the apparent assumption that all people playing on consoles only know simplistic, 2-button control schemes and go "pointy pointy shoot shoot" all day in some mindless fashion.

I've always owned games consoles and personal computers, and play everything from platformers, puzzle games, simulators, arcade games, strategy, management... I prefer games that make me think, sometimes with complex systems and strategic/logical thinking, although sometimes I do enjoy something easier for fun.

Make no assumptions, anyway, I think is our point 🙂

Edited by March Hare

4 hours ago, March Hare said:

I was thinking the same as you.

It's a bit like the apparent assumption that all people playing on consoles only know simplistic, 2-button control schemes and go "pointy pointy shoot shoot" all day in some mindless fashion.

Make no assumptions, anyway, I think is our point 🙂

There's a definite snobbery on here when it comes to console gaming (not that I'm saying that was @Fielder's angle on things), and that's a pretty sad state of affairs. Consoles are really just a way of making game design easier and game-playing access easier to the public without having to worry about the specification of various components being compatible or new enough to compete with other people's set-ups. To think that console users are just mindless people playing mindless games is naïve and insulting. It's not like there are no mindless games for PC.

• Upvote 1