Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

CJ4 White Screens

When I load the Citation CJ4 (vanilla, no mods), all of the glass panels are white. The only thing that works is the standby attitude indicator. Is anyone else getting this?

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

Are you using a custom livery or also a default livery?

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

29 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

When I load the Citation CJ4 (vanilla, no mods), all of the glass panels are white. The only thing that works is the standby attitude indicator. Is anyone else getting this?

how about updating to the latest version of CJ4:

Working Title CJ4 v0.12.9

Welcome to the Working Title CJ4 v0.12.9. This version brings compatibility for MSFS Sim Update 7, as well as a number of other enhancements and small fixes.

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/cj4/2021/11/18/cj4-release-v0.12.9.html

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I had that too.  Deleted the working title CJ4 from Community folder.  Downloaded and installed the latest version of working title CJ.  Fixed the problem.  Back to normal

Jim

6 minutes ago, planenut said:

I had that too.  Deleted the working title CJ4 from Community folder.  Downloaded and installed the latest version of working title CJ.  Fixed the problem.  Back to normal

I wasn't running the WT mod, but I'm about to try it. I'll report back.

28 minutes ago, Sethos said:

Are you using a custom livery or also a default livery?

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Well, WT 0.12.9 didn't make any difference. I checked a couple of other acft and they were OK...

Any other ideas?

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

1 minute ago, b1bmsgt said:

Any other ideas?

Recheck your community folder for liveries or mods (e.g. the CJ4 cockpit Texture mod is updated for SU7)!

From the WT Release notes, section "Note about liveries":

You will notice a bad livery or other mods interferring by having all white screens in the cockpit.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

28 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Well, WT 0.12.9 didn't make any difference. I checked a couple of other acft and they were OK...

Any other ideas?

no, there are none.CJ4 default and WorkingTitle 12.9 both work in DX11 and DX12 mode just fine. anything else would be user configuration error. If everything else is removed from Community or other older installations, I bet it will work.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

40 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

Recheck your community folder for liveries or mods (e.g. the CJ4 cockpit Texture mod is updated for SU7)!

From the WT Release notes, section "Note about liveries":

You will notice a bad livery or other mods interferring by having all white screens in the cockpit.

Yep, that was it. Deleted all the liveries and I'm back. (Must have skipped over that note...😁)

Anyway, thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

ok  I took am getting white panels in the cockpit, could be due to the latest MSFS version, version I am running is 1.21.18.0 maybe an update needs to be done from working title?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

1 minute ago, clayton4115 said:

maybe an update needs to be done from working title?

The CJ4 has already updated to be compatible. As long as you have the latest CJ4, you are using a SU7 and CJ4 mod compatible livery, and have updated the cockpit textures mod if you are using it, then you will not have white screens.

39 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The CJ4 has already updated to be compatible. As long as you have the latest CJ4, you are using a SU7 and CJ4 mod compatible livery, and have updated the cockpit textures mod if you are using it, then you will not have white screens.

ok thanks silly me I was putting the new working title folder in my backup community folder instead of the msfs2020 community folder, working well now. 

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

On 11/20/2021 at 8:03 AM, b1bmsgt said:

Yes - and again ! forgot how to fix ... I tried downloading all of the Working Ttile stuff with their downloader and the VISION JET screens were all "black" ha - not white.  So the Vision Jet guy told me I had to delete all of the WT folders form community.  soo im in a quandry now.  Maybe buy PREMIUM DELUXE and fly the Longitude ? I cant find the Longitude anywhere to download.

3 hours ago, promnw said:

Maybe buy PREMIUM DELUXE and fly the Longitude ?

great airplane, especially in VR. it also includes these additional aircraft:

• Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

• Cirrus Aircraft SR22

• Pipistrel Virus SW 121

• Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra

plus these airports:

• Denver

• Dubai

• Frankfurt

it is currently on sale: 77,99  

was (€ 119,99)

Edited by turbomax

very nice.