Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

With SU7 color banding has gotten much worse too...

At least in SDR. And we have to wait until Feb 2022 to have it fixed 😞 (hopefully!) 

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-21-13-0-20-

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Thanks

On 11/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, MrFuzzy said:

At least in SDR. And we have to wait until Feb 2022 to have it fixed 😞 (hopefully!) 

Thanks - I thought it was just me seeing it.  The underside of the clouds and the new haze layers show colour banding quite badly on my 3080Ti (running 10 bit as well from NVCP).  The halo around the sun was just a load of bands I noticed as well last night.

As the above video shows, they confirmed it as an accidental change down to 6-bit colouring, which they found, and said it is an easy fix and will be in the next update hopefully - in February :rolleyes:. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I noticed this from SU5, did the "accidental change" take place after SU7? 

Edit: Watched the video, and it was changed with SU5, but they would not fix it in SU7, but in SU8. 

Edited by Republic3D

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

35 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

As the above video shows, they confirmed it as an accidental change down to 6-bit colouring, which they found, and said it is an easy fix and will be in the next update hopefully - in February

Hahaha famous last words.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks

Thanks - I thought it was just me seeing it.  The underside of the clouds and the new haze layers show colour banding quite badly on my 3080Ti (running 10 bit as well from NVCP).  The halo around the sun was just a load of bands I noticed as well last night.

Also the sky is affected, sadly... at any angle & zoom setting.

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-1-21-13-0-24-

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Yep, it's been this way since SU5. I don't see further regression with SU7 though, and maybe - just maybe - we'll get a hotfix for the Live weather mess they introduced with SU7 and they'll sneak in the "16-bit Matrix-whatever-glitch" fix.

• Like 2

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

35 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

It seems that color banding will be fixed with the next hotfix!

Excellent Fuzzy!  :biggrin:  Any idea where we can get the full list?  Also, where is that from?  I thought the beta wasn't due out until Monday.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

45 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

It seems that color banding will be fixed with the next hotfix!

f7c093801d127742230d6d15c2fd9c8e35cf1a24

Where are you getting that screenshot from? Beta hasn't started yet has it? Thought that was Monday

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

11 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Where are you getting that screenshot from? Beta hasn't started yet has it? Thought that was Monday

There are reports that an update has already been pushed today for people opting in to the beta.  Good news really, as well as the longer fix list than I expected.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarcG said:

From a post on the official forum, that is now deleted by the moderators... probably NDA infringement.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-color-artifacts-and-rough-gradient-clouds-like-oil-painting/427680/501

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

There are reports that an update has already been pushed today for people opting in to the beta.  Good news really, as well as the longer fix list than I expected.

The Azure trainee put his/her coffee cup on the button labelled DO NOT PUSH BEFORE MONDAY  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

From a post on the official forum, that is now deleted by the moderators... probably NDA infringement.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-color-artifacts-and-rough-gradient-clouds-like-oil-painting/427680/501

Cool thanks, love a bit of NDA breaking especially when there's ZERO need for an NDA and a Hotfix!

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)