Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Guide

Any one tried this guide? AVIATIONLY - NO MORE CRASHES GUIDE P3D5. Its at simMarket.  I didn't post a link I think the rules here say I cant.

After using the pinned solution posted at the top I still get errors every other flight. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Have you tried the Registry settings in the pinned DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG topic above? No more errors for me.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you tried the Registry settings in the pinned DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG topic above? No more errors for me.

Yes. Put setting in last week but errors are still there.

Maurice J

29 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Yes. Put setting in last week but errors are still there.

Errors? Just DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or others?

Have you bought that guide? I’d be curious to know how he solves that particular one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Just DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG or others?

Both so am also looking at some recent installs also. I have not bought the guide yet. Just wanted to see if anyone else used it. LOL! It may be in the guide what we are using already.

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

2 hours ago, reecemj said:

Both so am also looking at some recent installs also. I have not bought the guide yet. Just wanted to see if anyone else used it. LOL! It may be in the guide what we are using already.

Both? What’s the other? My pinned post is the guidance from Microsoft so it probably is. I doubt paying for it will reveal anything new.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray - I've tried the pinned solution with no luck. I've never had any issues with P3D up until about a month ago and now cannot even get a flight started, get the error within seconds of opening the flight. This while using the exact same settings I've always used with no probs. I'm on a GTX 1080. I've even gone as far as resetting my Windows 10 3 times to no avail. I'm in flightsimming withdrawal right now and would appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

I found, other than doing the registry mods noted above, is to set the Nvidia Control Panel (NCP) to "Prefer Maximum Performance" in the Power Management Mode entry.

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

5 hours ago, Mikenor said:

Hi Ray - I've tried the pinned solution with no luck. I've never had any issues with P3D up until about a month ago and now cannot even get a flight started, get the error within seconds of opening the flight. This while using the exact same settings I've always used with no probs. I'm on a GTX 1080

You didn’t say what drivers you’re using. They have to be 471.96. Try those. I haven’t had a DXGI error since using those with the Registry settings.

And do as @pgdesuggests.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

OK I just set up P3D 53 this week, on a brand new i9 11900 with a 3080.   My former machine was a 8700k with a 2080Ti, and I've experienced the error on that machine as well.  Today,  I got the DEVICE_HUNG error after landing at CYVR (Dreamteam add-on scenery).  This is after doing the reg mods pinned above.  But I was on the newer 496 driver, and I use a lot of TrueEarth, and Oculus VR so I'm banging the graphics fairly hard.   I am reverting to the 471 driver and will experiment further. 

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

Thanks PDGE and Ray - will try rolling back the driver as well and report back.  

Mike

Mike Normandeau

Montreal, Canada

For me only 457.30 works without any hung error (1080ti). Seems the perfect driver for P3D.

38 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

For me only 457.30 works without any hung error (1080ti). Seems the perfect driver for P3D.

With or without the Registry 'hack'?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

With or without the Registry 'hack'?

Without it. Also in MSFS this is the only driver that doesn't CTD me. No idea why, might be my GPU that's a bit peculiar.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Without it. Also in MSFS this is the only driver that doesn't CTD me. No idea why, might be my GPU that's a bit peculiar.

Okay. You have a conflict here with MSFS to be taken into account. All I can say is 471.96 with the Registry changes and 'Prefer Maximum Performance' gives me a problem-free solution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather