Sign in to follow this  
Manny

How many of you are running AMD Cards for video?

Anyone running 3900 XT?

How aobut 3800 XT

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I am pleased too... with my AMD 6900 XT except the driver keeps failing...

Manny

5700 XT and still happy too... Yeah drivers can suck sometimes... 

Cheers T.

49 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

Maybe this is the better example?

AMD Radeon VII review | TechRadar

I am asking how many flight simmiers are on to this?

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

5700 XT and still happy too... Yeah drivers can suck sometimes... 

Cheers T.

Yeah the link philmurfin provided, the negative does't affect me.

I am happy too.. Except I know have doubts about the drivers. Yesterday no failure. Today I was trying to fly from KSEA to Vancouver,  and 3 flight Bombed before I reached the airport.

Manny

6900 XT! That makes a lot more sense lol, I've seen your posts recently about getting a 3900 XT videocard which really confused me as the 3900 XT is a CPU. I've wondered about getting a 6800/6900 XT myself, but will probably wait for Nvidia.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Running a 6800XT for MSFS, great card, drivers rock solid. Always keep in mind that the installation procedure between NVidia and AMD differs slightly when it comes to drivers. I also have a 6900XT, 3090 and 2080Ti in other PC's of mine, all great cards, though I prefer the Radeons for colour and clarity.

Regards

6700XT here, and i also have a 1080 ti, but the AMD is doing better in MSFS, if playing in monitor, in VR its another matter.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

10 hours ago, Vlooi said:

Running a 6800XT for MSFS, great card, drivers rock solid. Always keep in mind that the installation procedure between NVidia and AMD differs slightly when it comes to drivers. I also have a 6900XT, 3090 and 2080Ti in other PC's of mine, all great cards, though I prefer the Radeons for colour and clarity.

Regards

Can you clarify in what way its different? I installed in the uusal way/ Ran the Installer. it detected  it needed a version ...It got that version and Installed.

btw you have so many cards...How many PCs do you Run? 🙂

9 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

6700XT here, and i also have a 1080 ti, but the AMD is doing better in MSFS, if playing in monitor, in VR its another matter.

Dmarques? Is Nvidia better for VR?

Manny

5 hours ago, Manny said:

Can you clarify in what way its different? I installed in the uusal way/ Ran the Installer. it detected  it needed a version ...It got that version and Installed.

btw you have so many cards...How many PCs do you Run? 🙂

Dmarques? Is Nvidia better for VR?

In my experience yes, even with other VR games, but i can only talk from the 6700xt vs 1080ti

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thx for the thread. I’m thinking of the 6800xt because of more memory, price and availability.