Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

My temporary sim alternative to MSFS SU7

A new discovery for me: train sims ("Trainz" with its 'millions' of add-ons lol).  I couldn't resist the $8 USD sale in Steam. Just saying...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 16GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

New for me too. Thanks for the tip on the sale. I just used it for 5 minutes and it's the best US$8 I've spent in a long time. This thing is really neat.

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Anyone would share the experence with controller? I bought TSW back in time but couldn't work it with my controller, NOGO for me and refund

I now mainly use TCA airbus throttle and saitek throttle quadrant, total 5 lever in Zusi3.

If Trainz could work with them, that's a good price for me.

I'd also like to have external (or undockable) display like Zusidisplay, but not that essential then.

Trainz is seen as very sandbox / unrealistic in the train simulator world.

Here is a freeware train simulator you can try: https://eu07.pl/

The graphics of the latest version is quite good (just remember to turn on the AA, but nothing a PC running MSFS cant handle). The driving of trains is also very realistic and you have a timetable to follow depending on the scenario. The routes are set in Poland, with two real routes.

Beware though that some basic train operation knowledge is needed for this. There is an English manual that can help you get started, and the learning curve will take some time.

On 12/7/2021 at 3:50 PM, Ikarus280 said:

Trainz is seen as very sandbox / unrealistic in the train simulator world.

Here is a freeware train simulator you can try: https://eu07.pl/

The graphics of the latest version is quite good (just remember to turn on the AA, but nothing a PC running MSFS cant handle). The driving of trains is also very realistic and you have a timetable to follow depending on the scenario. The routes are set in Poland, with two real routes.

Beware though that some basic train operation knowledge is needed for this. There is an English manual that can help you get started, and the learning curve will take some time.

Interesting. And freeware too. It should get more exposure.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 16GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1