Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bofhlusr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bofhlusr

  1. There are 3 built-in video capture tools in MSFS. Simplest: Win_key+g = Xbox Game Bar overlay Win_key+Alt+r --> start/stop recording
  2. No change in Hardware sensitivity settings. I sent you dm. Check. If it's the solution you can post the solution here so that it may help others having similar problem.
  3. No worries. I don't think you wasted your money. The Ursa Minor joystick is the best bang for the buck in my opinion also. So many buttons. I use it with the A-10C in DCS and MSFS using the built-in sim modifiers. Like @vonduck, I too can turn my Z axis with just two fingers, and I didn't have to make any adjustments. All default settings. WinCtrl very recently came up with a partner throttle for that joystick. The Ursa Minor throttle: PurchaseWINCTRL URSA MINOR Combat HOTAS-Official Store for WINCTRL With the Ursa Minor joystick having so many buttons already, it's hard to find a reason to buy it.
  4. No need to save flights, take-off and do patterns. Just point to ANY place on the map and fly...
  5. On re-install, if memory serves me right, the community folder will be recreated. If not, create a new folder before installing the A321.
  6. Just rename the folder temporarily to disable all add-ons. I'm assuming you're not using Add-on Linker or using symbolic links. The goal is to test with a clean slate with no add-ons and eliminate compatibility issues.
  7. To trouble shoot, I'd start by running the bare minimum required ie. keep it simple. 1. run Windows "msconfig", "Startup", "Open Task Manager" and disable non-essentials 2. run your anti-virus app. run 'cmd' as administrator, run "sfc /scannow" 3. rename or disable your community folder 4. uninstall other add-ons and delete all cache 5. create a restore point or image the drive 6. re-download and re-install the add-on
  8. Matt ‘Wags’ Wagner 11.10.1968 - 09.07.2026 - Official Newsletters - ED Forums
  9. Solution: Some picture sharing websites do not use BBCode. AVSIM requires BBCode image tags to embed pictures. Example: [img] https:/www.yourlink... raw=1 [img]
  10. The link has to be clicked to display it? If that is the case, then why are pictures displayed to me when I read a post without my having to click on it?
  11. Can someone explain why this is not working?? https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1hp4kxhcsavwgmwm93vai/Sim-prices.jpg?rlkey=mzfenm5fffpde6swrwt4v8010&st=y6emtpgc&dl=0
  12. Change the keybind in Controls to MSFS 2020 or 2024. The Esc key should then work. If you created a new profile, first make sure that you duplicated or copied one of the default keybinds (which has the Esc key) first to the new profile so that the default keybinds like the Esc key are copied and migrate over to the new profile also...
  13. Thank you for the review. Got it.
  14. ...I swore to myself... never buy another plane. And now, I'm tempted to buy yet another one. FSReborn's Phenom 300E. What is wrong with me??!!!☹️😵
  15. I'm not sure if you were replying to me. Nonetheless, I went ahead and checked Devices in WIndows 10. Autoplay was already set to off. I guess I can learn how to ignore the ads, but... but the thing is... it's really LOUD... and, it's in a spoken language and writing that I'm not familiar with. My wild guess: it's Thailand?
  16. It became expensive when IBM gave up on OS/2 and the micro-channel bus. You mentioned corporate greed. HP Decided You Don't Own Your Printer Anymore
  17. Wouldn't you ask 'why' also?.... This Steam user just broke the 40,000 games record (not including DLCs) | PCWorld
  18. I've built my own PCs after paying and learning an expensive lesson buying a proprietary and high-end OS/2 PC at an employee discounted price of $5000 --an IBM PS/2 Micro-channel with IBM brand everything ie. IBM printer, mouse, keyboard, monitor, etc. (and extra $260 for a math coprocessor). But with prices being what they are today for doing it yourself, I finally went back after several decades buying a similarly spec'ed pre-built PC again last year. OMEN 35L Gaming Desktop GT16-1085m PC AMD Ryzen™ 7 9800X3D NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 5080 Kingston FURY 32 GB DDR5-6000
  19. Yes. Any aircraft. Here's what it says on the main page of their website: "Free to Play Program Digital Combat Simulator World Free to Play is now available. Try out each and everyone of our products for 14 days per product during a six month period. You can play each module sequentially or any number of them at a time. The choice is yours!"
  20. My suggestion is to try it. DCS has a sale now. U$7.49 A-10A Flaming Cliffs Flaming Cliffs: Clickable Cockpits Continued ================= Here's a reply from AI: Short answer: Yes — your system can run the A‑10A Flaming Cliffs in DCS without any trouble. In fact, it will run very well. ✅ Compatibility VerdictThe A‑10A (Flaming Cliffs 3) is one of the least demanding aircraft in DCS World. It uses the low‑fidelity FC3 avionics, far lighter than full modules like the A‑10C II, F‑18, or F‑16. Your system: Windows 7 Pro 64‑bit Intel i7‑6700K 16 GB DDR4 GTX‑class GPU (Odyssey G5 monitor suggests gaming setup) Z170 motherboard …exceeds the requirements for both DCS World 1.5/2.5 and Flaming Cliffs 3. Even though Windows 7 is no longer officially supported by newer DCS builds, DCS 2.5.6 and earlier run fine on Win7, and FC3 aircraft—including the A‑10A—run perfectly on those versions. 📌 Performance ExpectationsWith your specs: 1080p → 60–120 FPS easily 1440p → 45–90 FPS depending on map Low‑fidelity A‑10A → extremely smooth Heavy maps (Syria, Marianas) → may push GPU harder, but still playable The i7‑6700K + 16 GB RAM combo is more than enough for Flaming Cliffs aircraft. 🛠️ Important Note About Windows 7If you are running DCS World 2.7 or later, Windows 7 may cause: Crashes on startup Missing DirectX 11/12 features Shader compilation issues If that happens, install DCS 2.5.6 — the last version fully compatible with Win7. ✔️ Bottom LineYour system can absolutely run the A‑10A Flaming Cliffs, and it will run it smoothly.
  21. Interesting but I'm wondering how it compares with LookPilot and their tech support. I don't expect much given their pricing but still curious about community involvement in both.... Thanks.
  22. The TGP has a forward-facing camera only and no rear cameras, and yet it's able to view backwards. How is that possible? It's magical. Simply amazing. I'm so tempted to do a deep dive on how the gimbal works in the unit. Does anyone know of a source that illustrates how the TGP is able to take video of its back with only a forward-facing camera?
  23. Drinking beer and buying an airplane
  24. Yup, me too. That plus the loud ad sounds that pop-up at each page zombie-like. Can't silence it in Windows permanently.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.