Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odd autopilot issue: iFly Max 8 & JF F70/100

Featured Replies

I bought the iFly Max 8 a little while ago through Flight One, and I just bought the JF F70/100 bundle today on the Microsoft Marketplace.

I've had an issue with the autopilot for the Max 8 for quite some time, so I haven't been flying it. As I mentioned, I bought the F70/100 bundle today, and I'm surprisingly experiencing the same issue. The problem for each of the aircraft is that in spite of setting up everything correctly via the EFB, once I take off and hand-fly up to around 2000 or 3000 feet, when I engage the autopilot, each of the aircraft exhibits some really odd behaviour: the Max 8 dives to the ground immediately, while the F70/100 pulls up, stalls, and then dives to the ground. I've watched a bunch of Youtube tutorials for each of these aircraft, and I'm positive that I've everything set up correctly.

For background, I have other aircraft that function just fine on autopilot: e.g., Just Flight (F28 and RJ70/85/100), PMDG (736, 738, and 777), Fenix (A319, A320, A321), iniBuilds (A343), Aerosoft (CRJ), Leonardo MD-8x, to name only a few.

I have a number of peripherals, but I've set up profiles for each of my aircraft that are specific to that aircraft, and any peripherals that I'm not using (e.g., my Thustmaster joystick for the 736/738/777 or my PFC Cirrus yoke for the A319, A320, A321, A343) I've set to "none" in the appropriate profile.

I've tried doing searches to troubleshoot this, but I haven't found anything other than posts that refer to controller conflicts. I'm positive that I don't have any, though, given what I explained above.

Any ideas?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Did you happen to be in the SU 7 beta? This happens to me with the Hawker 800XP and Contrail FA50.

The Hawker cannot activate NAV and follow FMS route no matter what I did. I posted this issue in FFX discord yet no one responded so far. What I did was going back to SU6 and all the issues are gone.

The Falcon on the other hand cannot maintain LOC on final, and it also has similar problems like you describe.

Edited by History

DA B760M PRO4 | i5-13400F | RTX 3060 12 GB | G.Skills Ripjaws 32GB | MSI MAG A550BN | Ace Power 1 TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper 212

  • Author
26 minutes ago, History said:

Did you happen to be in the SU 7 beta?

No, unfortunately. I'm on SU6, and I've always avoided any of the beta releases.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Have you tried posting on developers support website? The last time I flew the Ifly Max8, I didn't experience any issues, but I know there are issues with planes using SU7 beta.

Bill McIntyre

Asus StrixB650E-F Gamer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D, Corsair Titanium DDR5 64GB, Samsung 990 PRO-4TB M.2, (4) 2TB SSD's, Corsair H1150i liquid cooler, RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, (2) LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case. MSFS 2024, WIN11 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Its possibly a binding issue with a controller or button/switch

Jason Richards

 

 

 

The iFly has controller lockout settings in the My Plane app under Autopilot. Be sure they're turned on, or a signal spike from your controller could conflict with the autopilot. However, this would probably disengage the autopilot. If that's not happening then something else is probably at work.

If you can post a video I'll take a look and see if everything looks set up correctly. This is the first report I've heard of this so it would seem to be something local to your system.

Andrew Crowley

I fly the F70 and F100 quite a bit at the moment and haven't noticed anything unusual about the controls assignments.

Just to eliminate a few of the possibilities, have you tried flying the F70 but using your OK F28 profile?

If so, did that work broadly OK?

Edited by AJZip2

Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset

  • Author
1 hour ago, AJZip2 said:

have you tried flying the F70 but using your OK F28 profile?

Not yet, but good idea. I'll try it and let everyone know the outcome.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

  • Author
5 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

If you can post a video I'll take a look and see if everything looks set up correctly. This is the first report I've heard of this so it would seem to be something local to your system.

I've never tried video, so I'll have to figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

  • Author
10 hours ago, JRMurray said:

Not yet, but good idea. I'll try it and let everyone know the outcome.

I tried using the F28 profile, but it didn't work. Same issue. :-(

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

2 hours ago, JRMurray said:

I tried using the F28 profile, but it didn't work. Same issue. :-(

OK - that's an important result. Did you try the flying the F28 itself again using the same controllers and is that still running OK?

Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset

14 hours ago, JRMurray said:

I've never tried video, so I'll have to figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?

There are a million video capture programs... Streamlabs or Streamlabs OBS work fine, but whatever seems easiest.

Andrew Crowley

Really strange ☹️

SU7 is not your problem, although I do get some weird stuff with it, like not being able to load the INIBUILDS A340 and experiencing Computer Freezing with the A350-900 (no cabin)...

But since you're in SU6, all that I could suggest is to be absolutely sure pitch trim is properly set before takeoff and/or you haven't assigned some pitch command to the same used to AP engagement...

Learning to fly gliders since 1980

AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks

I experienced issues with the iFly Max autopilot until I disabled FSUIPC whilst using it. They don’t play nicely together.

  • Author
6 hours ago, jjf said:

I experienced issues with the iFly Max autopilot until I disabled FSUIPC whilst using it. They don’t play nicely together.

Interesting. I have the paid version of FSUIPC, which I've been using forever. I'll try disabling it and see what happens.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.