Tuesday at 04:21 PM2 days Author 9 hours ago, jcomm said:Really strange ☹️But since you're in SU6, all that I could suggest is to be absolutely sure pitch trim is properly set before takeoff and/or you haven't assigned some pitch command to the same used to AP engagement...Thanks. I do have pitch trim set properly: I click on the trim percentage in the EFB and it registers correctly on the trim instrument in the pedestal.I'm going to try disabling FSUIPC as per jjf's recommendation to see if that helps. In the meantime, I have contacted Just Flight's support team to see if they can help me. Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
Tuesday at 04:22 PM2 days Author 9 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:There are a million video capture programs... Streamlabs or Streamlabs OBS work fine, but whatever seems easiest.Thanks. I'll try that. Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
Tuesday at 05:27 PM2 days On 9/28/2026 at 9:41 AM, JRMurray said:I've never tried video, so I'll have to figure out how to do that. Any suggestions?There are 3 built-in video capture tools in MSFS. Simplest:Win_key+g = Xbox Game Bar overlayWin_key+Alt+r --> start/stop recording Test hardware: low-end i7-8700k, 3060ti, 32gb ram, GSync, NVMe -MSFS 2020-24, PMDG, Beam Eye Tracker, and DCS' A-10c. Medium settings. Good fps. Win10 Pro, P3D4.5 w/ 100+ add-ons + FSX.
Tuesday at 05:30 PM2 days I think you might be onto something with FSUIPC. Last week I had some unusual issues relating to differential braking. Although I was never sure what the core problem was, now I think back I ended up with having to do an unexpected FSUIPC version update amongst the other stuff. Try first turning off FSUIPC and if that solves your issue. If it does, iit would be worth uninstalling FSUIPC and loading up the latest version before trying it on again. Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset
Tuesday at 06:17 PM2 days 8 hours ago, jjf said:I experienced issues with the iFly Max autopilot until I disabled FSUIPC whilst using it. They don’t play nicely together.1 hour ago, JRMurray said:Interesting. I have the paid version of FSUIPC, which I've been using forever. I'll try disabling it and see what happens.Yeah - another guy had a similar problem the other day and it was the intermediate controls software. 🤙
Tuesday at 08:48 PM2 days Author 11 hours ago, jjf said:I experienced issues with the iFly Max autopilot until I disabled FSUIPC whilst using it. They don’t play nicely together.OMG! It was FSUIPC!!! I just uninstalled it, took out the F70, and there's no problem anymore! I was able to engage autopilot with NO issues!Wow! Thank you so so so so much! Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
Tuesday at 09:40 PM2 days Author Final word on this topic ... I just tested the iFly Max 8, and it's also fine: no problem with the autopilot anymore.Thank you to everyone for your help. It's greatly appreciated. Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
Tuesday at 10:38 PM2 days It's been a loooong time I dropped FSUIPC for good... Is it still required? Edited Tuesday at 10:39 PM2 days by jcomm Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Wednesday at 01:36 AM2 days Author 2 hours ago, jcomm said:It's been a loooong time I dropped FSUIPC for good... Is it still required?I'll say a qualified "no," for the reason I'll explain later.When I was using P3D, I always set up my controllers via FSUIPC. It was necessary in those days, if I remember correctly. I kept up with FSUIPC as I transitioned to MSFS 2020 and then MSFS 2024. However, I started using it less and less, as MSFS 2024 handles multiple controllers pretty well natively, in my opinion, as well as dealing with controller sensitivities.Now that I've uninstalled FSUIPC, I don't think I'll need it for the most part. However, and here's why I said a qualified "no," I've just found out today that are still a small number of applications that haven't moved to simconnect. Two of those are ones that I use every time I fly: the Air-Source virtual airline flight tracker, and LRM (a landing rate monitor tool). Both require FSUIPC, whether the free version or the paid version.I can live without LRM, as I have Gees for MSFS 2024, but I think that I'm going to have to say good-bye to Air-Source, where I've been a member since 2012. I asked about the tracker, and there are no plans to replace it with something that uses simconnect.I stopped using the iFly Max 8 many months ago, and I was pretty upset and frustrated about the F70/F100 exhibiting the same issue after buying the bundle on Sunday. Now that my Avsim colleagues helped solve the autopilot problem, FSUIPC is going to stay uninstalled. I can always find another VA that's similar to Air-Source.So ... if you have a tool or a VA tracker that requires FSUIPC and you absolutely must have it, then I guess it is required. Otherwise, no. Edited Wednesday at 01:40 AM2 days by JRMurray Addition of the final paragraph Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
Wednesday at 06:49 AM2 days Yes - one of my addons or bits of hardware also requires FSUIPC (can't remember offhand which) and that is the only reason I still run it.If you do need it, it's certainly worth trying the updated version - I don't think it updates automatically. I don't know, but it is entirely possible that the update went in because of a change in MSFS which has caused a clash. You can always delete it again if it screws things up again. Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset
Wednesday at 07:47 AM2 days If I used mynold ELITE throttle quadrant and GPS unit with fs those would require FSUIPC indeed, but I no longer use that HW... Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Wednesday at 03:25 PM1 day I'm away from my main computer at the moment and can't think why any of my peripherals need fsuipc. When I'm back on I'll delete it and see what stops. It would be good if I can do away it... Edited Wednesday at 03:26 PM1 day by AJZip2 Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset
Wednesday at 03:37 PM1 day 5 minutes ago, AJZip2 said:I'm away from my main computer at the moment and can't think why any of my peripherals need fsuipc. When I'm back on I'll delete it and see what stops. It would be good if I can do away it...Have just remembered why I need it. I have a number of Flight Panels configs to use on my Elgato Stream Deck+ so that I can more easily adjust twist switch alt, speed, rate of climb, etc by 'feel' when I'm using VR. Flight Panels' configs all use FSUIPC as far as I know. Might be a good excuse to get a MOZA!! 😉 Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset
9 hours ago9 hr Author On 9/29/2026 at 11:49 PM, AJZip2 said:If you do need it, it's certainly worth trying the updated version - I don't think it updates automatically. I don't know, but it is entirely possible that the update went in because of a change in MSFS which has caused a clash. You can always delete it again if it screws things up again.Thanks for the suggestion. On the off-chance that something changed with the most recent version of FSUIPC, I tried the update for MSFS 2020/2024: 7.5.9.The problem returned, unfortunately. I've uninstalled it again and don't intend to re-install it. Unfortunately, two of my favourite VAs, Virtual Air Canada and Air-Source, rely on FSUIPC. I'm now looking for other VAs that don't use FSUIPC. Edited 9 hours ago9 hr by JRMurray Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB)
5 hours ago5 hr 4 hours ago, JRMurray said:Thanks for the suggestion. On the off-chance that something changed with the most recent version of FSUIPC, I tried the update for MSFS 2020/2024: 7.5.9.The problem returned, unfortunately. I've uninstalled it again and don't intend to re-install it. Unfortunately, two of my favourite VAs, Virtual Air Canada and Air-Source, rely on FSUIPC. I'm now looking for other VAs that don't use FSUIPC.Vauable information - thanks for posting. Might be worth dropping a line to the FSUIPC developers (they maybe on Discord or have a direct help line ?). Ryzen 7 9800x3D @5.2GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; Pimax Crystal Light VR Headset; Quest 3 VR Headset
Create an account or sign in to comment