Sign in to follow this  
Guest VAA_008

Wilco CitationX

I know it has just been released, but I'd be interested if any early adopters can comment. More specifically how it compares to Eaglesoft's version?ThanksBrian

I too have the Eaglesoft version for FS9. What I'm concerned about as I'm sure others are will be the framerate hit. What was nice about the Eaglesoft version was that allowed you to load different models with varying hits on framerate. I saw that the Wilco version had a framerate slider but would like to here from any that purchase what kind of framerates you get with the Wilco version. Posting of your machine specs would be most helpful. Thanks in advance. Craig

Guest bjablonka

I bought it, but I don't have any 2D panels and in the VC a lot of panels are missing. Wilco, however, says on their website that they have issues with Vista and that they are working on it. I just wonder why they did not fix this before they release the X.

Guest bjablonka

I reinstalled it, it works great right now. I have a dual core AMD, Nvidia 8800, 3gb Ram and am getting 16-19 fps with the high end model.

Is there much of a difference between the feelthere and eaglesoft versions? Going through the specs for each I can't find a difference except some eyecandy, all the systems seem to be similar etc.... argh! The choices to make.I've seen Eaglesoft on the forums, how do each companies support rate?Is there a reason to wait for the Eaglesoft version? Ian.

Guest dwaohio

The plane is good.... it has a couple problems1 I can not import flightplans to the FMC2 The citationxx gauge cause CTD3 There is no autothrottleThe plane needs "gps_export.dll" and its size should be 6144 bytes. Somehow I do not have that file...anyone knows where I can find it let me know. The one on the orginal FS9 is a older version 6KB size.Dave

>The plane is good.... it has a couple problems>>1 I can not import flightplans to the FMC>2 The citationxx gauge cause CTD>3 There is no autothrottle>>>>>The plane needs "gps_export.dll" and its size should be 6144>bytes. Somehow I do not have that file...anyone knows where I>can find it let me know. The one on the orginal FS9 is a>older version 6KB size.>>>Dave>I don't think the real one has an autothrottle. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that at the Eaglesoft forums some time ago.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest BOPrey

I have the Eaglesoft one. It does not have full function FMS. From Wilco's documentation, their Citation X has a full working FMS.

Guest firehawk44

I have the FS9 Eaglesoft version and found the FeelThere FSX Citation to be equally high in quality. The FPS were comparable to better than the FSX default aircraft. So, if you have good frames using the default FSX aircraft, you should have no problems with the Citation X. I found no problems flying the aircraft with Vista Premium installed (in contravention to others who have indicated problems with Vista). You will have to read the manual first to fly the aircraft! Chip Barber wrote an excellent manual that's not filled with a lot of technical data. Just the stuff to get the aircraft in the air and landing safely. I jumped in w/o reading the manual and was able to successfully program the FMS with my FSX flightplan (KLAX-KSFO). You can automatically load a FSX/FS9 flightplan which is great and saves some time. Programming the FMS was about the only thing I could accomplish w/o reading the manual. My first test flight resulted in a crash as I fumbled with the AP switches and overspeed warnings. Reading the manual will fix that. The manual also tells you about a Citation X Setup Utility which I missed because I was anxious to get the aircraft flying. You should set up your aircraft before you attempt to fly! (sort of like the real thing....) Overall I think this Citation will stay in my hanger and I will even upgrade my FS9 Citation when Eaglesoft upgrades their FS9 version (doubt the upgrade will cost much if anything at all for previous owners). Hope this helps.Best regards,Jim

>I have the FS9 Eaglesoft version and found the FeelThere FSX>Citation to be equally high in quality. The FPS were>comparable to better than the FSX default aircraft. So, if you>have good frames using the default FSX aircraft, you should>have no problems with the Citation X. I found no problems>flying the aircraft with Vista Premium installed (in>contravention to others who have indicated problems with>Vista). You will have to read the manual first to fly the>aircraft! Chip Barber wrote an excellent manual that's not>filled with a lot of technical data. Just the stuff to get>the aircraft in the air and landing safely. I jumped in w/o>reading the manual and was able to successfully program the>FMS with my FSX flightplan (KLAX-KSFO). You can automatically>load a FSX/FS9 flightplan which is great and saves some time.>Programming the FMS was about the only thing I could>accomplish w/o reading the manual. My first test flight>resulted in a crash as I fumbled with the AP switches and>overspeed warnings. Reading the manual will fix that. The>manual also tells you about a Citation X Setup Utility which I>missed because I was anxious to get the aircraft flying. You>should set up your aircraft before you attempt to fly! (sort>of like the real thing....) Overall I think this Citation will>stay in my hanger and I will even upgrade my FS9 Citation when>Eaglesoft upgrades their FS9 version (doubt the upgrade will>cost much if anything at all for previous owners). Hope this>helps.>>Best regards,>Jim Thanks for the insight and touching on some of the aspects of the aircaft, Jim. It is much appreciated!How is she visually? It is sometimes difficult to really see how she looks by just a few screenshots.Also, hows the VC gauge refresh rate?Thanks!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I bought it as well, couldn't resist. Frames are not a problem, I actually didn't notice a difference between the default lear and the X as far as frames.There is no auto throttle according in the real Citation X according to the support forum, though it mentions a workaround for those who don't like to fly without one. I haven't flown it yet but had a quick look and so far so good, looking forward to jumping in and giving a few test flights.The manual is a must read, at least for me. Seems a little more complex than the defualt lear that's for sure. Initial impressions are good.Ian.

Guest Len

Loved the EagleSoft version for FS9. A big plus with Wilco's X is of course the FMS. I have to say though, that the interior textures for EagleSoft are photorealistic - much more immersive then the artificial looking interior of Wilco's X. In fact, little disappointed at those interior graphics for Wilco - not bad but lacks the crispness and realism of EagleSoft's. I understand that EagleSoft have promised an FMS at some point with their next version of the X.

Do they both have functional weather radar or just Wilco's?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

>The plane is good.... it has a couple problems>>1 I can not import flightplans to the FMC>2 The citationxx gauge cause CTD>3 There is no autothrottle>>>>>The plane needs "gps_export.dll" and its size should be 6144>bytes. Somehow I do not have that file...anyone knows where I>can find it let me know. The one on the orginal FS9 is a>older version 6KB size.>>>Dave>I get a crash as well when i try to load the flight plan via FMS. However, if you open the flight plan in your FSX flight planner before you start the flight (get it into the memory), it will work. I never saw a gps_export.dll in FSX. Looks like a wrong info. That's clearly a bug (which none of the beta tester had experienced...).I have a hard time with the weather radar. The warm up phase takes several minutes and i get a purple screen with pink clouds in a thunderstorm. After some minutes it stops working completely. Can somebody confirm this issue ?Heiko