Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

New to DCS

If anyone wants or intrested to "learn" the A10c II, then the Iron Flag after only 2 missions I would say is a very good way to go.

Both missions have taken me through what you need to learn in depth. Having subtitles on helps and pauseing when you get a lot of talk/text. The two missions Ive done felt really good, long around 1:20, but your learning and doing things all the time. Ive made what now seems a good walkthough PDF for startup-shut down. But nothing so far with the amazing helmet disply or weapons, that will be a huge learning curve. It really does set the bar when it comes to a simulated aircraft. I am trying to keep both the F-18 and A10 going to see if I can over come my skill cap ( or brain power) to become good with the A10C and all the countless key pressing options.🙂 

Am puting the F-16 on the back burner still ED port over all the F-18 working systerms and the F-16 becomes as complete as the F-18.

Not sure I will have anytime for MSFS, but it will be Feb before the update is out anyway, flying from A to B does lose its appeal after your doing Campaigns and learning so much. The reward for your efforts and time is rewarded hugely when you succeed 😑. Unlike landing a GA thats has as much reward feeling as drinking a flat beer. 🙄

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Iron Flag M3 done, It takes 2:20..😛 I lot to take in and do, with a cool ending. But its great fun to learn like this. Its a great feeling when your told to do something your learned in a past lesson and you find yourself just knowing and doing it.🙂

If this all goes well then am thinking of https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_operation_persian_freedom_campaign/ for the next one and with a Really good campaign for the F-18 coming Feb, I feel I have by work cut out. 😆

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Iron Flag Complete.🙂

If like me your looking to learn the A10C II then this is great. 

I did most missions 2 times a couple 3 times and only the last misson once.

You must have the time to do these, there mainly 2 hours plus. The way the missons are done are great, some times you think you have not learned much in that time but its the little things your learn aswell thats is neat. The way every mission is done, you do feel like your lead/trainer is with you and the interaction is fantastic. You do feel Biff is your buddy and your mentor. With DCS like I did a few time, you can hit pause and take a break and come back, as 2:30 can be a long time when you have subtiltles ON and pausing to make use you get whats being said.

The down sides?

I would say you only really shoot weapons at the very end of missions 9&10, mission 10 was great fun. But its part 1 so am sure Part 2 will be all about weapons.

Do I feel am now good with the A10c II? lol, no. No this aircraft is very hard but its a very good start. I have bought  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_operation_persian_freedom_campaign/ and this will be where I feel the hard work of trying to get to grips with this up or that up and long this and right short or long blar blar blar. Damm aircraft makes the F-18 and F-16 a walk in the park, not something I ever thought I would say, given how hard they both are over anything in MSFS to learn. 

So I will start the new Campaign later today or tomorrow as I have a day off. I have no idea how anyone can fly this aircraft without a TM Worthog and TrackIR, if you do, your amazing. I just hope I can take what Ive learnt and be ok when it counts, in a real war campaign.

So to finish off you have nothing to fear with Iron Flag 1 your not going to get shot at ( well there is one time but....) so you can have a mug of tea or coffee and go though it at your own pace if you want to start learing this trully amazing aircraft. Score 9/10

You tend to take the "lead" as Biff likes watchers you, so you see this a lot. 

Screen-220102-134802.png

Screen-220111-110909.png

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

It seems I am talking to myself in this topic, but given the huge amount on views, "you" seem to like reading it 🙂

DCS: A-10C Operation Persian Freedom Campaign

Mission 1 Done....WOW...its says its an introduction flight, nope! its not, well it is but its not what I thought, A fly around to see the area we are going to be based at.

I am going to tell you all about how much I had to learn to do this "intro flight". After taking to the air and doing what I thought, a fly around, he now whats to see what I know and how good I am!!!! O great!!

The first thing he asked you to do is add another way point, Great all that training on how to make new flight plans etc all out the window, how do you add more WP to you current WP's?, I tried but failed.

Off to youtube and learned it, great...now not all guilds are the same and gladly I watched more than one, becasue you can add more way point to you flight plan, but........but......they dont show....what!!!, thats right, they dont show, well they do but you have to switch from flight plan selected to Mission. Then they show but not linked with lines. OK.

Take 2,.....now with my new WP and its a shooting range, not only do you need to find the right targets he want you to kill you have to do your run ins from a given angle. Thats fine, after the first very easy guns on trucks its a building but the one with a car next to it, OK... dumb bombs CCIP...they/ I [word not aloud] failed.....go away and pratices droping them, there still [word not aloud]

Take 3, OK trucks down and the right building blown up, the last "job" is to fly behind the instructor, he wants to kill another building with me blowing up the one to the north to his target within 30 seconds. So you form up and go in just behind him, and hope and pry you get it right or its take 4!!!!.....Did it, 🙂 RTB and all is good Mission one done!

But what I did learn is you can change your weapon payload before starting the mission, O boy...yes please.....it made take 3 so much easier and I know Mission 2 is about stand off and into the real deal, so i will not be taking 1x 65D 1x 65H, as is the default payload for Mav's, nope, I will load up with x6 65D's 😉, now we are talking lol. Mission 2....incoming. 

O btw, problems aside (well for me) this is great, you really do feel you going into battle....... 

Edited by Nyxx

DCS: A-10C Operation Persian Freedom Campaign Mission 2

This is where it ends for info on this Campaign as it would be classed as spoiler.

What I can say it this mission was fantastic. 8x A10C all taking off at dawn all heading for a WP then spiting up into 4 groups of 2 for there own strikes. I was Lead of my group but last to take off.

Dawn start 8x A10c all taxing and taking off is all I will show, only needed to do this Misson once as my skills are getting there. 65D❤️ wow cannot wait for the next 🙂

Look closely and you can see all 8 of us...

Screen-220119-181156.png

Screen-220119-181602.png

Screen-220119-181707.png

Screen-220119-181740.png

You maybe talking to you self but keep it up loving it.

Regards ted

• Like 1

11 hours ago, frieone said:

You maybe talking to you self but keep it up loving it.

Regards ted

Very kind Ted, thank you very much.

7,000 views..wow

So talk guys...what do you want to hear about....I was going to stop. But happy to keep sharing if you want and please let us know what you want to hear about?

So 8,500 read now and you guys are still holding out 😛

Just finished a night misson. Over the sea,dead of night (spoiler or a good warning!)

I had to find 2 main targets and took out 7 others. But this campaign has consequences all the time. After I had "completed" all my objectives and was RTB I was asked to seek out a group of small gun boats with only Guns left myself.....I failed to help as I would not find them, or seee them for the life of me I could not find how to turn NVG on, or if like the F-18 I have to ask for them before flight...I dont know 🙄, but on RTB feeling pleased what I had done, I was told due to me not killing the gun boats they took out a US ship, killing all aboard......Great!!!.....

Well this is the view apart from when you go 80 miles back to land through out the mission. 🙂 ....good job I dont mind IFR 😜 driving down to the sea in this with guns was not a good idea I thought!!......"splash 1" would have a new meaning 🙄

Screen-220123-183034.png

Try  doing  dcs liberation least  you  can pick  any  aircraft you  want  to  fly,  and  you  get  to plan your missions  etc,  many options  to choose  from   probably  takes  about  30 or  so more  missions  to  complete   the  campaign if  eveything  goes  right  for  you 🙂

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Mission 5 done.

No spoilers.

Screen-220124-103640.png

Screen-220124-105750.png

All holding at WP5

Screen-220124-110101.png

Holding for instrustions

Screen-220124-111203.png

1:30 mission time.

Done!....Beer time.

Screen-220124-210654.png

• Like 1

OK Guys Misson 6 was a female dog. The first targets where OK but just how much did they want me to do/kill?

Anyway, here you are...

First target very simple, fly 80 miles in formation and get ready to bomb first target.

Just before we split up to do our own targets

Screen-220208-181700.png

Now this is what happen very close to the end of the fighting.

Screen-220208-192701.png

O dear!! a lot of XXXX words and 80 miles from home. But aircraft was handling OK! at this point, not later...

At 55 miles to go...well you can see info on CDU....but look at fuel !!!

Screen-220208-193546.png

Lets keep going..

Screen-220208-193527.png

OK time to try and land...

Any landing will be ok here....high but never mind

Screen-220208-195229.png

The A10 was pulling to the right but...well!!

Screen-220208-195329.png

Lets slow down!!!

Screen-220208-195349.png

I was told to stop here and a good job the A10 was giving up working...

Screen-220208-195501.png

After Shut down and I looked at my fuel!!!

Screen-220208-195528.png

Hope you enjoyed!

• Like 1