Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

New to DCS

On 12/16/2021 at 10:49 AM, Nyxx said:

Well from memory when I looked into them all.

DCS: F/A-18C Rising Squall Campaign seemed "game like" DCS is a sim not a "game" take that how you like 🙂

DCS: F/A-18C Operation Pontus Campaign looks crazy hard for experts only.

DCS: F/A-18C Raven One Сampaign looks good

F/A-18C Hornet - The Serpent's Head 2 Campaign this is the one by the guys who did the one am on. It was the first and the one am on is the follow up.

F/A-18C Aggressors BFM Campaign looks like all AA and high skill level.

Which campaign would Be suitable for me

as a beginner? also which map?

and should I get the super carrier?

cheers

mike

46 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

cheers

mike

if  you head  over   to the  dcs  web  page  https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/   on  top  click on  top,  downloads/ user  files  and  select  the  options  you want  etc  for  the  f18  there  are  lots  of  campaigns  and  missions  you  can  download   which  will  also  tell  you  what modules  you  will need  also

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

cheers

mike

Persian Gulf and Persian Lion Campaign.

Its easy to start but you should not jump into any campaigns without going through all the lessons, having the skills to do AA refuelling and being able to do at least CAT I landing every time. Onto the super carrier.

GL and enjoy 

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

On 12/18/2021 at 3:28 PM, GCBraun said:

The A10-C is, by far, my favorite module. The newest version with the HMCS (Helmet Mounted Cueing System) is just a blast to fly and operate.

Same. I find it very easy to fly also, easier to land than the fast jets. The module is very feature complete also, although ED have started to add new stuff with A10C II.

It’s surprising no one’s suggested it as the OP says he’s buying the TMWH. Feels odd as I remember when the A10C was the only fixed wing fully featured module in DCS. I suppose it shows how the DCS module list has expanded over the last few year.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who can fight the A10C II in combat, i truly have respect for you not something I could say about anyone within MSFS with any aircraft within that sim. But for a beginner, I respectfully disagree. Its not fliying its remembering and useing all the controls within combat. That and the F14 I find very hard/skilfull.

This looks great for learning.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_iron_flag_part_i_campaign/

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Quite interesting to follow this discussion. 

I assume, that when purchasing a campaign, you need to corrosponding map? Maybe, I'm asking the obvious here - but where can you see, which map, goes with / is required with which campaign? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

48 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Quite interesting to follow this discussion. 

I assume, that when purchasing a campaign, you need to corrosponding map? Maybe, I'm asking the obvious here - but where can you see, which map, goes with / is required with which campaign? 

Its listed at the bottom under Requirments

Go here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/

Click Buy and at the botton is a list. e.g

Requirements:

e.g. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/fa-18c_rise_of_the_persian_lion_campaign/

Hey Anders you thinking of trying DCS? 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Its listed at the bottom under Requirments

Go here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/campaigns/

Click Buy and at the botton is a list. e.g

Requirements:

e.g. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/fa-18c_rise_of_the_persian_lion_campaign/

Hey Anders you thinking of trying DCS? 🙂

Wow! I knew it was obvious. Thank a lot, David!! 🙂

I have actually tried DCS. I own the F-16, F-18, Persian Gulf Map and Super-Carrier addon. It's amazing. Thing is, that I (sadly) don't have a lot of time simming in my spare time.

I tried using VR in DCS a couple of times - but I got horribly sick, when doing it... 🙂 I'm trying to figure out a way of playing it, without any tracking/VR support - although it's hard. 🙂 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 hour ago, anden145 said:

Wow! I knew it was obvious. Thank a lot, David!! 🙂

I have actually tried DCS. I own the F-16, F-18, Persian Gulf Map and Super-Carrier addon. It's amazing. Thing is, that I (sadly) don't have a lot of time simming in my spare time.

I tried using VR in DCS a couple of times - but I got horribly sick, when doing it... 🙂 I'm trying to figure out a way of playing it, without any tracking/VR support - although it's hard. 🙂 

Sorry to hear that Anders, do you use/tried TrackIR? DCS without it would be a nightmare. 

Good to see your still around 🙂

Edited by Nyxx

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

I tried using VR in DCS a couple of times - but I got horribly sick, when doing it... 🙂 I'm trying to figure out a way of playing it, without any tracking/VR support - although it's hard

the  trick  with  vr  is  to use  it  for  5  minutes  a  day  for  a week or  so  than increase  it  to  10   and  so on  took me  around  2  weeks  to   get  used  to it  but  well worth   the  effort  now  i use  vr  for  msfs  now   and  other  sims.  For  dcs  iam  afraid  u will need  vr  or  tr  to get  the best out  of  it  especially   during dog  fighting  etc

Forgot  to add   once  you  start  to feel  sick  stop using  the  vr  and  take  note  of  the  time  and  next  time  see if  you  can   get  past  the  last time  you  felt  sick

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, pete_auau said:

the  trick  with  vr  is  to use  it  for  5  minutes  a  day  for  a week or  so  than increase  it  to  10   and  so on  took me  around  2  weeks  to   get  used  to it  but  well worth   the  effort  now  i use  vr  for  msfs  now   and  other  sims.  For  dcs  iam  afraid  u will need  vr  or  tr  to get  the best out  of  it  especially   during dog  fighting  etc

Forgot  to add   once  you  start  to feel  sick  stop using  the  vr  and  take  note  of  the  time  and  next  time  see if  you  can   get  past  the  last time  you  felt  sick

Fair enough... But I noticed, that I started feeling sick at around the very second, I started moving around. But I suppose that's a plan ahead to getting used to it?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

13 hours ago, anden145 said:

Fair enough... But I noticed, that I started feeling sick at around the very second, I started moving around. But I suppose that's a plan ahead to getting used to it?

yep  gets  worse   as  you get  closer  to the  ground  and  start turning 🙂  give it  time  you will get  used  to it

Peter kelberg

Ive been diping into the A10c II as I do love AG, but still find even with a TM Warthog remembering the hug combo's for every switch and mode/SOI hard to take in.

Acrobat-2-Uia-Y61gd-K.png

and

Acrobat-4vu-N4o-Csu-F.png

I've Just bought this as its more training but very in depth, it looks really good so with the sale on its worth a go. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_iron_flag_part_i_campaign/

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 10:20 PM, anden145 said:

Although I've been using VR intensely for the last couple of years, I still get a bit queasy if the the aircraft doesn't respond to the inputs they way I am expecting it to, or low FPS etc. 

I find that eating something prior to using VR helps to suppress it, as does having a beer or glass of wine, which helps significantly 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dogmanbird said:

I find that eating something prior to using VR helps to suppress it, as does having a beer or glass of wine, which helps significantly 🙂

Thanks for the suggestions!

So what you're essentially is saying is, that it's helps being a little tipsy, when flying around? 😄 I like that approach! 😄

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--