Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

MSFS2020 just started hanging on the "Fly" Screen

Breakthrough!!! 

the google mod was the problem. I had to remove 2 lines in the host file under system32/drivers/etc. 

now I’m able to load into the sim. 
lesson learnt. Never mess with core sim files again. 

thanks Bert and irocx ! I owe you guys a beer!!

• Like 4

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

18 hours ago, vin747 said:

Breakthrough!!! 

the google mod was the problem. I had to remove 2 lines in the host file under system32/drivers/etc. 

now I’m able to load into the sim. 
lesson learnt. Never mess with core sim files again. 

thanks Bert and irocx ! I owe you guys a beer!!

Very glad it helped, Vinod.  My best wishes to you for the new year.

• Like 1

Regards, Kendall

Just checking to see if anyone else was able to resolve their issue? Unfortunately, I am still at a dead end.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

Might sound a little crazy but if you are using a display port cable into your monitor try switching to HDMI for a quick test. I'm convinced it solved some of my sim hanging on load issues.

I also have this problem (hangs at about 90%) and had started another thread before noticing this one.  I have tried all the suggestions offered.  Funny that it appears out of the blue after months without an issue.  I wonder if it is somehow related to a recent update.

Also, it did load OK once after the first occurrence and then started to fail again.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:47 AM, Steve_Ellis said:

Not sure if this will help, but if you downloaded the NXi from Working title, they have posted a new update regarding aircraft starting

You may well be onto something.  I just realized that I have recently been using the WT CJ4.  I have now switched to the default Cessna 152 and changed nothing else.  Loaded like a charm!  I will investigate further.

• Like 2

Hello Folks;

So I was finally able to figure out the problem as least on my end.

I turned Photogrammetry Off and everything loaded and ran like a charm, at lease in my short test flight. A friend of mine who I fly with (PPL) and a fellow simmer told me to try that since he had the same issue and it worked for him.

For the folks who are having this problem like mine, do try this if you haven’t already.

I decided to search more on this specific topic on various forums (including this one) and found that there were and still a number of issues associated with this feature being “on” one of which is this particular issue.

Based on what I read including on the MS2020 forum this was (and is) a known issue by MS and was supposedly fixed around October I think; but resurfaced at least for others. It seems to be a Server (Xbox Game) location related issue which still has to be addressed.

I reside in New York City and I tried about 15 different airports all across the US and all had the same issue. I then decided to try (VIE Airport) Vienna Austria and it did load after about 5 mins but it was very choppy and not really flyable and decided not to continue. So for me it’s not only the US.

Honestly, for me this is not a real deal breaker since I mostly fly the heavies (IFR) at FL 350 so I really don’t benefit from the photogrammetry scenery except; on final to KJFK over NYC😄. I think that was the selling point for this sim.

I am going to continue to dig deeper into this to find out exactly what has to be done to get it fixed. It’s good to know that you have the feature if and when you do need it. Based on what I have seen on the forum some individuals can’t fly without it, which is good.

If I find and or uncover (via flying) new information about a permanent resolution I will post it.

Thanks again.

Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jetlag said:

You may well be onto something.  I just realized that I have recently been using the WT CJ4.  I have now switched to the default Cessna 152 and changed nothing else.  Loaded like a charm!  I will investigate further.

Red herring!    I switched back to the CJ4 and everything was OK!   I'll double-check the photogrammetry advice next.  This is painful.