Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

MSFS2020 just started hanging on the "Fly" Screen

Hello Folks;

After enjoying MSFS 2020 for the past 3 weeks I just (8th Dec) started having problems with the application.

Just out of the blue, it just hangs indefinitely once I hit "fly" to start a basic flight like I always do. Never had any type of issue since I purchased it on the 19th Nov. The only thing that I can think of is a Windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2) on 8th. Dec; that same evening I started experiencing the problem. This shouldn't be the issue since they always say that make sure you are always on the latest version of Windows update. I don't do a restore point so I don't think I can back out the update; which I don't think I want to do since it addresses some security issues.

My PC is brand new, purchased on 15th. Nov and came with all of the latest updates and the app loaded fine with no issues. The PC has no add-on, plug-in or any additional software other the MSFS, I made sure to keep it very clear just for this application. That's way I am very frustrated.

I tried everything short of an un-install and a clean install, hate to go through that multiple hour install again. I posted my issue on the MSFS but no help thus far only another person stated that they have the same problem even after a clean install. I actually tried suggestion posted by (Zendesk) MSFS 2020 and that didn't work All the posts I have seen about such issues I haven't really seen responses on if they were every addressed, some actually gave up, which is what I am about to do. 

This is the Zendesk link, maybe it can help others?

All versions - Loading issues - Checklist – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

Initially, from launch to flight start up "fly" only took about 45 seconds (including checking for updates) and my performance (high to mostly ultra settings) at KJFK; live weather; and ATC; 747 or 787 I am easily getting 55 fps with smooth flying. I normally cat it at 30FPS. So my hardware is fine. Now it takes a little over a min (not a problem for me) and once I hit "Fly" it loads very quickly to 3/4 of the way (blue at the bottom) and just hangs there indefinitely.

• The application was purchased from MS Store not Steam. I have the Premium Deluxe version
  • The software is loaded in a folder I created on my C drive and so it's not in a MS designated folder. My community folder is empty so no addon added
  • Everything is up to date, The content manager shows no downloads pending and all apps show "up to date" 
  • The apps in the Microsoft Store are all up to date.
  • My PC has very low usage during the "handing" process; GPU- 0.9% / CPU - 10% / MB - 2,790.4. So I know that my hardware isn't causing a problem. I looked at everything possible with my little IT background and I can't find anything.

Hopefully someone with more experiencing working with this app and the environment or had similar issues can provide some help as to what the issue might be. To be honest I really like this sim once it was working. However, at this point I just feel like going back to flying my old FSX on my older PC which fly great and never had this number is issues before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards Always.

Forshaw.

That sounds like an add-on. It happens to me all the time.

What was the last scenery or aircraft you added to the Community folder.

If you using Add On Linker, it's easy to remove everything.

Try starting MFS from within the xBox App.

Start xBox app and log with your account, the one you used to purchase MFS, go to the Library and from there start MFS form it's icon.

Same can be done from the Game Store.

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Not sure if this will help, but if you downloaded the NXi from Working title, they have posted a new update regarding aircraft starting

Quote from their discord, not sure if this is the problem you are having

"we now have the 0.10.1 hotfix available on the Marketplace, which fixes issues with being unable to proceed past bootup on certain aircraft. As always, this is an Early Access Opt-In Beta, so there may be bugs or missing features! Please give us feedback and reports on Discord"

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

I updated the FBW A320 and the hang went away. try that. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

3 hours ago, dobee51 said:

That sounds like an add-on. It happens to me all the time.

What was the last scenery or aircraft you added to the Community folder.

If you using Add On Linker, it's easy to remove everything.

Thanks for your response Dobee51 I appreciate it. Unfortunately, I don't have and ever added any addons. My Community Folder is totally empty. The reason I say unfortunately is. if that were the case then the fix would have been easy and I'll be on my way😉.

Thanks again for sharing I appreciate it.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Try starting MFS from withing the xBox App.

Start xBox app and log with your account, the one you used to purchase MFS, go to the Library and from there start MFS form it's icon.

Same can be done from the Game Store.

Hi Jcomm;

Did try that, but it didn't work. The initial load was a litter faster, but like before it got stuck 3/4 way down the (Fly) load process and that's it.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

Forshaw.

26 minutes ago, wiler said:

I updated the FBW A320 and the hang went away. try that. 

I tried it with multiple aircrafts all part of the package and it's the same problem. All my aircrafts are up to date. I made sure I went through all of the outstanding "pending updates" scenery and aircrafts in the "Content Manager" and update them about a week ago. If the FBW A320 is an addon then I don't have that.

Thanks for helping.

Forshaw. 

49 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Not sure if this will help, but if you downloaded the NXi from Working title, they have posted a new update regarding aircraft starting

Quote from their discord, not sure if this is the problem you are having

"we now have the 0.10.1 hotfix available on the Marketplace, which fixes issues with being unable to proceed past bootup on certain aircraft. As always, this is an Early Access Opt-In Beta, so there may be bugs or missing features! Please give us feedback and reports on Discord"

Hi Steve;

No, haven't heard of it before, but will take a closer look.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

• Like 1

It might be that your Cloud-saved system files are  corrupted.

- Switch OFF all online functionality in Data and exit the sim

- Disconnect the computer from the internet

- Launch the sim

Does it work totally offline now ? 

If so, switch online functionality back ON, exit and relaunch the sim

You should have a message warning you that  the Cloud and computer saves are not the same and ask to choose one. Choose to upload the computer saves.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I always find it amusing that people would often rather spend days or even weeks troubleshooting a problem instead of just spending a couple hours to reinstall a program or windows and they tell themselves they are saving time by doing this. Honestly, you're not saving any time. This sounds like a software issue whether it be flight sim, windows or whatever and I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling flight sim. It's not even as though you need to spend time doing this yourself. It installs itself as you make dinner and watch the match and if you don't even have any addons installed there really isn't any argument for calling this a chore.

Save yourself the worry and headaches and just reinstall the sim. And if that didn't work I personally I wouldn't waste any time in doing a fresh windows install. It really doesn't take long anymore. I did mine the other day and was up and running again in less than an hour. And in case you are thinking it can't be windows because it's new. It can and often, it is.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Before you click fly. Go to options and turn off live traffic and bind data. Then load the flight up. Once in the aircraft turn them back on.

I had the same issue before the update.

I had set up MSFS thru XBOX gamepass for my dad on his PC.. it was running okay for a few months, he did several flights successfully.. last couple of days, he's not able to get past the loading screen (after he clicks on FLY button).. it keeps loading and hangs indefinitely.. 

I have MSFS (steam) on my PC and it works fine.. so this maybe a XBOX gamepass account issue.. 

anyway, here are all the things we've tried without success:

1. removed everything from community folder

2. load flight in developer mode

3. load flight in developer mode + all online functionality turned OFF

4. Launch sim from XBOX app

5. Went through all items in official zendesk reply [ perform all windows updates, change windows language, do all xbox updates, reboot, etc]

6. Do a complete reinstall of XBOX gamepass MSFS .. so he's on SU7 build, not the public beta.. still no success.. 

Only thing we haven't done so far is reinstall windows which is a nuclear option.. anything else you recommend we try before going nuclear?

I want to upgrade him to steam MSFS eventually after his xbox trial period is over. I just want this to work in the interim.. w'd appreciate any help. thanks..

Edited by vin747

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

anybody else facing this problem or have a solution?

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:50 AM, Dominique_K said:

It might be that your Cloud-saved system files are  corrupted.

- Switch OFF all online functionality in Data and exit the sim

- Disconnect the computer from the internet

- Launch the sim

Does it work totally offline now ? 

If so, switch online functionality back ON, exit and relaunch the sim

You should have a message warning you that  the Cloud and computer saves are not the same and ask to choose one. Choose to upload the computer saves.

Thanks for the suggestion Dom; unfortunately, it didn't work. It didn't allow me to work offline, tried a few ways to get around it but to no avail.

Yes, I think the Could-Server systems files are corrupted and or out of sync. Will end up having to start for scratch.

Cheers.

Forshaw.