Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

New Milviz SR-71 Previews

23 hours ago, eslader said:

How are you handling the aerial refueling situation, since the SR71 usually tanked almost immediately after takeoff?

Due to obvious limitations in MSFS, I think that part's going to be skipped unless someone quickly whipped up a KC-135 and figure out a way to simulate mid-air refueling.

@eslader 200 nm combat radius for youuuuu!   (just kidding)

I figure there will be an EFB-type option to simulate a mid-air refuel.  Or, I suppose they could set it up to where you could add fuel on-the-fly, too.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 hour ago, Mace said:

@eslader 200 nm combat radius for youuuuu!   (just kidding)

I figure there will be an EFB-type option to simulate a mid-air refuel.  Or, I suppose they could set it up to where you could add fuel on-the-fly, too.

Haha. Well, I mean you can cheat the fuel in most planes, the Maddog being one of the noticeable exceptions. Was just wondering if they might make a "dummy" tanker or something.

When I want more fuel in flight I just go to the drop down panel & go & add as much fuel as I want.

Having said that I would just love a probe & drouge inflight refueling simulation as that what what I trained on & used during my military career.

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

The Blackbird refueled from a KC135Q with a boom.  But if you want a great probe&drogue setup and you didn't already know about it, DCS is where you want to go.