1 minute ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Excellent rudders, going strong for me.  I don't have the damper for them yet, on my list.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob,

I am curious have you ever tried the TPR's?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Just now, Rob_Ainscough said:

Excellent rudders, going strong for me.  I don't have the damper for them yet, on my list.

Drop me a PM if you want an Amazon list for the Dampener.  That is if you have CW3's.  If you have CW2's there is a spacing block that is needed so it would cause a turn toward MFG. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

I recommend them.  My experience has been quite positive.

Agreed, especially with the SWS Kodiak. I've experimented with Crosswind's sensitivity settings for that plane, however I and others might be interested in your settings. Might you post a screenshot of your crosswind settings (MSFS Controls screen).

Maury Pratt

1 hour ago, Maury Pratt said:

Agreed, especially with the SWS Kodiak. I've experimented with Crosswind's sensitivity settings for that plane, however I and others might be interested in your settings. Might you post a screenshot of your crosswind settings (MSFS Controls screen).

My settings are nothing special. There is not a lot that can be currently done!   In fact I continue to be quite dismayed at the achievable rudder performance in MSFS.  It rivals but is not as bad as MSFS trim wheel calibration/performance!  This is what I am using for the RYTB  (Turbo Bonanza).

image.png.51479b5e1114cc619da0f4c0e1ab14e2.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 minutes ago, fppilot said:

My settings are nothing special. There is not a lot that can be currently done!   In fact I continue to be quite dismayed at the achievable rudder performance in MSFS.  It rivals but is not as bad as MSFS trim wheel calibration/performance!

Funny enough I was pondering if it’s worth dropping $600 right now on new rudder pedals when as you mentioned the poor rudder performance in MSFS

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

5 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Funny enough I was pondering if it’s worth dropping $600 right now on new rudder pedals when as you mentioned the poor rudder performance in MSFS

I still also fly FSX SE with a cluster of excellent addons.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

7 hours ago, fppilot said:

I also added dampening to my CW3's.  MFG has a dampening kit but when I ordered my CW3's that dampening kit was backordered for a period of months.  During that delay I found the necessary components from Amazon. The dampener itself is by the way a common motorcycle steering dampener. 

Hi fppilot...  would you be able to advise on the actual damper that fits and maybe also any bolts etc required for this ?

Thanks aero

p.s.  I missed the PM me message...  now done , thanks

Edited by aerostar

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

30 minutes ago, aerostar said:

Hi fppilot...  would you be able to advise on the actual damper that fits and maybe also any bolts etc required for this ?

Thanks aero

If for the CW3's yes.  However allow me until Tuesday USA times.  Tomorrow, Monday, will be devoted to a covid-19 delayed Christmas with a daughter and grandkids.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

If for the CW3's yes.  However allow me until Tuesday USA times.  Tomorrow, Monday, will be devoted to a covid-19 delayed Christmas with a daughter and grandkids.

Yes it is for the CW3 version.     Have a wonderful day today with your family...

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

On 12/26/2021 at 4:32 PM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

I love mine as well.  Ironically I just looked at the damper kit and it looks like a steering damper from a motorcycle and I happen to have a few of those laying around.  Just need to figure out mounting.  I may have the only Ohlins rudder damper kit out there LOL 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

On 12/26/2021 at 9:31 PM, aerostar said:

Thanks aero

Sent via PM here on Avsim.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

You should try the Virpil ACE Collector or Interceptor pedals. I was using MFG Crosswinds V2 before and without fear of being wrong I can say that they are better (wayyy better).

My ACE pedals came yesterday and after 30 minutes flying the DCS Hind and then few planes in MSFS is night and day. The precision you get with them are second to none, no more swinging left and right with any DCS Helis. They can be customized to your preferences and it's very sturdy.

It's worth the look.

spacer.png

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

@Dexter1979 How do you find the required braking force with the Virpils? I have the VKB pedals which I love for the their size and quality but would like to investigate something with toe brakes. One of the reasons I went with the VKB is due to them working well with an office chair on castors as you push down on the deals as opposed to pushing them forward. Any advice on this aspect would be much appreciated.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:15 AM, Donka said:

@Dexter1979 How do you find the required braking force with the Virpils? I have the VKB pedals which I love for the their size and quality but would like to investigate something with toe brakes. One of the reasons I went with the VKB is due to them working well with an office chair on castors as you push down on the deals as opposed to pushing them forward. Any advice on this aspect would be much appreciated.

IMO Virpil braking force feels very good. It's somewhere between soft and medium, but the precision is great. I find it easier to taxi MSFS airplanes using differential braking than with the MFG Crosswind.

Just a friendly warning: once you purchase something from Virpil you will end up buying the whole set (throttle, stick,...). 😁

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Cheers. Already got a throttle and control panel from Virpil but prefer the VKB GF3 base and stick for desktop use as they are smaller. I’m all too familiar with how this pans out. 😂

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.