Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tile Proxy thread #2?

Guest cbuchner1

No, TileProxy uses multiple levels of caching to improve performance. It does not always require an online connection in the areas you have flown before.

Guest rbrown3rd

Neat. My enjoyment of FSX has gone from zero to very high because of you. Let me know if you need another tester for anything.

Guest rbrown3rd

Transfer #19 resulted in redirect, retrying (1)...Transfer #0 problem - giving up!Transfer #1 problem - giving up!Transfer #3 problem - giving up!................etc. ...............(0) - Done!Blocked still? I have a fixed IP I think. This could be a problem.

Guest santv

I always read this message in the consolesetting resolution limit of 3549136is it correct?

Guest cbuchner1

Attention! These are several important service announcements (unrelated to each other)* Vista 64 bit support works! See the other thread in the forum. A download is available from there as well.* Set your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION setting in your fsx.cfg to 2.0 - Believe it or not, you may be able to fly 150 knots without loading issues but it sacrifices some frame rate. I just tried the Beechcraft Baron over Tangri-La Airport, Utah and it worked amazingly well. Kept up with loading nicely.* Check out the screenshots forum for some more cool Tileproxy photos and links. ;) Some regions of the French Alps are covered exceptionally well and I found several dozen amazing screenshots.* Post more screenshots! I am curious where you guys fly ;)

Guest cbuchner1

Big fat bug in the program - but it only affects you? ;-)

Guest santv

imposible to me, 1 hour and download few textures, 3 mb , and always this message:setting resolution limit ........Then fsx starts and only water and runaway.I,m using this ini, lod_distance=1000fast_mode=Nosource=Vxxxal Earth#source=Service Example 2#source=Gxxgle Earthcache_folder=cache.service2network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://kh.gxxgle.com|path=/kh?t=t%s&n=404&v=17|quad=qrts|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR2.0.50727; .NET CLR3.0.04506; .NET CLR1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=5max_level=17color_hack=Nocolor_level=0bulk_extend=25cache_folder=cache.service1network_module=libnettilemodule_config="server=http://a*.ortho.tiles.vixxxalearth.net|path=/tiles/a%s.jpeg?g=52|quad=0123|balance=0123|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)"max_lod=13min_level=9max_level=17color_hack=Yescolor_level=13bulk_extend=50

Guest rbrown3rd

>...............>* Set your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION setting in your fsx.cfg>to 2.0 - Believe it or not, you may be able to fly 150 knots>without loading issues but it sacrifices some frame rate....................Yes, 2.0 worked but on my lowly machine it ate too many CPU cycles dropping my frame rate considerably. Today I am going to test a setting of 1.0 tying to strike a balance between loading and frame rates.

Guest rbrown3rd

A setting of 1.0 works pretty well for my lowly machine.

It's my turn to send out a big Thank You!!! to Christian and everyone else on this thread who have been so very generous with time, effort and knowledge. I was one of those stumped by editing the prizyuser.ini with the correct paramaters. But, thanks to the sample files uploaded, I got fsx up and running with tile proxy providing the link to satelite textures from google. Now, I can sim and know that I really can see my house from up here. btw, I have a nearly 3 year old rig:asus p4 c800 Deluxe mobo...2.6 speed chip oc'd to 3.12 and 2 gigs of ramnvidia 7800GS vid card with 512 megs of ramI get upper single digit fps, but no jerkiness and decent load times...at least in my first test of using tileproxy. From what I have been reading about the fsx sp1, we could be in for some splendid times...again, thanks to allSherm

Guest wyoming

for a patch or something which will allow TProxy to work under SP1. Or I didn't get it. I'm sure Christian is working on it.

Guest cbuchner1

I am hearing mixed reports about compatibility and I think I'll get a chance to peek my nose into this during the weekend.

I just tried the program and have mixed results (as expected with Beta software)Initial loading time is surprisingly good, hardly longer than FS9 photo sceneries.I'm also extremely pleased with the artificial colouration of black and white USGS tiles. Those are my favorite source for texture data, as the coverage area is the greatest. Sure, it's not perfect, but you've done a great job with it! The combination looks similar to Megascenery. The colours are slightly worse but the detail is noticably higher, as MS used 5m greyscale data colorized with 30m colour data vs 1m/30m for TP (I think?).Still experimenting with settings to improve performance. Flying the C172 with no AI traffic for my epxeriments ATM. I'm a GA/VFR guy, and the C172 is about as fast as I ever fly, often switching to a Microlight or C152. I don't really need AI but would like to add at least some if possible. If I can get that to work at acceptable performance, I'm 100% happy. Not quite there yet but I think it's possible with my setup.My main problems now are:-Stutters due to me still using a single-core CPU (slightly overclocked 3500+). If there's anything that can be done to reduce those, I'd be very happy. So far, I've lowered target FPS to 16 and played with the bulk_extend feature which seems to help. Anything else I can try, e.g. modifying task priorities or changing something else? It seems to be worst over areas that have not yet been cached so as I fly more, the problem should be reduced over time (I've dedicated a 160GB drive to TP and plan on using it all).-Blurries.. this is something that can always be improved. What effect does the LOD_RADIUS fsx.ini setting have on blurries? The TP installer sets this fairly low, where as this used to be set pretty high in the days of FS9 photo sceneries (the idea being that as scenery is loaded farther from the aicraft, it will "ready" by the time your aircraft gets there). Any other settings that can be used to improve the blurry situation?Thanks for this wonderful program. I didn't expect this to happen in another 5 years or more. This program is a revolution for photo-scenery fans.My system specs: XP 3500+ at 2.4 GHz, 1GB RAM, X800XT 256MB, Samsung SpinPoint 500GB, Maxtor DiamondMax9 160GB, 10Mb Internet (university network, performance varies between ~2.5Mb and 10Mb depending on time of day)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest cbuchner1

the LOD radius in fsx.cfg (not the similarly named option in proxyUser.INI!) determines the visible radius in which photo texture is getting loaded. Only when you go well above 15000 ft you will ever see the "circle" around your plane where photo texture ends.The lowest LOD radius setting offers best performance with TileProxy. Higher values may be good for screenshots, but not so much for flying.Expect much more blurries when moving with a LOD radius set to medium or high.The blurry situation improves when you set your FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in fsx.cfg to 2.0 - but your framerate will take a significant hit. So this is only recommended on high end gear. Some reported flying 140 knots without blurries at 25 frames per second.Now about the stutters: Part of this is caused by the image processing (JPEG decode, autocoloration, coloration, brightness adjustment, cropping and scaling and DXT1 compression). I believe some of this could be further optimized. But it really needs hyperthreading or dual core to get rid of the stutters.UPDATE: You get more black & white USGS coverage if you reduce the version parameter in the URLs for MSN Virtual Earth. I found in earlier map versions the deserts east of San Diego (Anza Borrego, Borrego SPrings) look great when colorized.Now these USGS maps have been replaced with something that's colored, but in an unnatural green shade. I cannot recommend flying there with Virtual Earth, unless you reduce the version argument in the URL somewhat.

Guest s0436

I'm new to this. Is Tileproxy only good at the moment for VFR flying around rural areas? Are all the runways 'out of line' with the fsx ones? How do urban areas appear with Tileproxy, when you have medium fsx scenery settings on?Sorry for the questions.