Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tile Proxy thread #2?

I think it is a problem with the g server. I have noticed certain geographical areas I either only get partial data-or sometimers none at all. Today I don't seem to be getting anything.The other server works flawlessly but it is not as sharp or clear.

Guest cbuchner1

If that server refuses you, you can always try to change your IP address. On some days I get kicked out pretty quickly. On other days I can fly 10 locations in a row without having trouble.

Guest bachardie

Christian, many many thanx for sharing your amazing work. It is what all flightsimmers dreamed of:flying over the "real world"! I have a problem in the Canary Islands. Even although the satellite server offers the whole archipelago in high definition, TP doesn't load tiles south of N28

>> TP doesn't load tiles south of N28

Guest cbuchner1

TP keeps an track of up to 2000 recent tiles that failed to load with a 404 error (not found). This prevents TP from re-trying the same tiles over and over again, which was a huge problem in coastal regions because it would hammer the servers and slow down loading times almost to a complete halt.Water tiles should never block TP from continuing to load. I suspect a different cause here.I might try the location soon, but now I'm off to Forli Flight Simulator Show.

do you think i should install this if i only fly IFR in big jets? or is this more ofr VFR pilots?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest cbuchner1

I found the scenery from MSN Live Maps (Virtual Earth) to look *great* from 30000 feet at large LOD detail radius BUT the TileProxy wouldn't be able to keep up with loading. So it is not very useful for IFR fliers currently.

ok thanks i will not install it then and stick with stock FS scenery.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest wyoming
http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/dmsp/services.htmlI'm not sure what would be needed to get coverage of a few large areas but by pooling resources and putting that on a server, I wonder what we could get. This is also day and night... Maybe I'm completely off the mark here...

Hi there,aside from the fact that copyright restrictions may apply if satellite data are used by a utility such as TileProxy (as opposed to individual users) you should be aware that the NOAA data pixel resolution is 600m (!) and those of Landsat ETM imagery 30m. In fact, the low-res areas of Google Earth and other image servers are probably all 30-m Landsat data.Other than those US metropolitan areas covered by high-res airphotos there's no public domain high-res imagery I'm aware of.Cheers, Holger

Guest wyoming

would you know how much Google sells them? In fact, why are they taking them in the first place? Who buys them and why?

From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wind"World Wind is a free open source virtual globe developed by NASA and open source community for use on personal computers running Microsoft Windows.""The resolution inside the US is high enough to clearly discern individual buildings, houses, cars (USGS Digital Ortho layer) and even the shadows of people (metroplitan areas in USGS Urban Ortho layer). The resolution outside the US is at least 15 meters per pixel."I don't see a legal issue using free open source data on a free program.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg