Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tile Proxy thread #2?

Guest cit1991

Cool, thanks. The app is great. I was only asking because I like to fiddle with things.Here's a pic from the Grand Canyon with your addin and FSGenesis Terrain. I only wish I could share it at 1280x1024. It's amazing.

Guest wyoming

the address used by yahoo when retrieveing the maps is http://us.maps1.yimg.com/So that seems to be the server and applying Christian's recommendations in the Tproxy Manual might just work... Can't do it right now myself (flying over Geneva :>))

Yeah I tried that too-no joy for me but if it does work let us know.As an off topic-I've flown my plane across Wyoming 3 times-Cheyene-Laramie-Rock Springs-Fort Bridger-Evanston(stuck a week there when my landing gear failed)-Jac-to Rap. But this summer I was in the Tetons and drove from there back to Salt Lake City-what beautiful country! Also from Jac to Rap-some of the nicest countrside I have seen. I read in one of your posts that you are in a small town out there-what a great state-smallest population in the Us too if I recall-about 550,000 and some of the most beautiful scenery to be seen. http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

OMG this is awesome! Christian is GOD!!

Guest wyoming

I'm in the SE, which is less, er, spectacular. Next time you come up, try Sheridan and the Big Horns. Less known and very, very pretty.

Guest Ken_Verga

I fired up FS and tileproxy before that. Well my problem is that tileproxy connects to fs I load the flight and then FSX just stops responding. Is this normal before the first flight? Oh yea I get FILEINTERNALINFORMATION? in tile proxy

Guest wyoming

Who needs autogen?

Guest YukonPete

I've spent about 2 hours going over the Configuration Guidelines. This is way to complicated for the average joe!But thanks anyway!

Guest cit1991

>> To the author: you're a genius.Congratulations.>>Thanks, I know. *haha* not the most modest guy I am.>>Now if that genius could figure out how to make this work with>low flying fighter jets skimming the treetops 100 ft altitude>then the military would be TileProxy's best customer.>>Well maybe if I could just get this right with a Cessna at>normal airspeeds, this would already be a good enough. Flying>the motor glider all the time simply doesn't cut it ;)Since I love your program...I'll offer a suggestion for beta2:Add an option to the cfg file...LoadFlightPlanTiles=1How hard would it be to have the program load all the tiles necessary along a flight plan route during loading? I know the load time would suck, but you could just leave it loading for a while.Then you could rocket along the flightplan route, loading only a few tiles on the fly if you deviate.Another suggestion: If you could make the http requests as IP numbers, I think you'd bypass a whole bunch of DNS requests. Sometimes the DNS server is slow, even when the line is fast.

(Temporarily) Turn off any virus protection programs you have. I got the same error with NOD32, but disabling the "AMON" module cleaned the error up.