Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Tile Proxy thread #2?

Guest cbuchner1

which means we need custom autogen annotations to be created by TileProxy. I just don't know if these would show up when created dynamically. My bet is that the scenery library would have to be rebuilt before they are seen.A bit of image processing to look for "green" could work. I could plant some trees there ;) But I need extra information ... like the general vegetation zone, the altitude, and then decide on: Which trees? Pines? Bushes? Cactuses? How to distinguish grass from forest? The human eye can, but a PC? This is where I could need some help from image processing folks.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

With my low end machine Tileproxy is a break through for me in terms of using FSX. The fact that there is no autogen is seen by me as a blessing in that my frame rates are consistently fairly high. Because of the scenery textures I don't miss autogen and happily trade them for the better scenery textures from the usual map texture providers. In my opinion autogen textures would be a detriment. I might feel differently if I had a high end machine.

Guest Stoopy

Like many others here I'd like to express my extreme gratitude for the work behind the TileProxy project and the good fortune that it's being shared with those of us in the community who are interested and have the bandwidth.Have been flying MSFS since the early/mid 80's and this is a tremendous step forward - a paradigm shift of sorts. Although some have speculated about this capability in the past, Christian, you have stepped forward and shown it can be done and is feasible, and for that I think you deserve your slot in the Flight Sim History Hall of Fame. ALthough i9t's not 100% perfect it's an amazing start and hopefully the capability will likely be here for good in one way or another....whether it becomes a commercial/payware or pay-for-access venture or stays freeware in the hands of the users remains to be seen. All I know is, it's going to be hard to go back after this!I've had several fantastic flights so far and rather than post too many pix here, I've put them all in a thread back at my "home" airbase to share with the people I fly with. Last night I had an incredible flight through the California desert to Death Valley. So realistic with Track IR Pro that I had trouble getting my "land legs" back after landing!Sometimes the most meaningful thank-you's are the screenshots which show the fruits of the developer's labor....so here's quite a few pix for you Christian, and anyone else interested....http://com-central.net/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6763

Guest wyoming

we need to pull together to make this thing even better. Christian is asking for help from a variety of experts (e.g. image recog). My guess is that some hard-core programmer would also be able to help in many regards (e.g. loading). I'd put my wallet where my mouth is if that helps.

Hi ChristianMany said it .. and I want to say it too .. excellent piece of software .. thanks and you are a genious !!Now my question :- if the message eg. "TileAPI; Fetching tiles at level 13 (4529,3267) (1,1) failed!" appear in the DOS window - does it mean it could not get the tile from cache folder or from the service like GE used ?.RegardsRobert-------------------------------------Asus A8N-VMAMD Athlon 64 3000+XFX Nvidia Geforce 6800 XT PCI-E [256]2Gb DDR400 RAMCH products Yoke and USB Pedals

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

Guest cbuchner1

The "fetching" part refers to the online service.It could mean that an area is not covered in High Res on the service (e.g. on water). Then it tries level 12, 11, 10... until finally it gets data.

Guest cbuchner1

Can anyone try this?In a French forum, someone reported setting FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in fsx.cfg to 2.0 and using bulk_extend of 100 on a very fast Internet connection allowed him to fly 180 knots through the Alps without getting the Blurries. I don't believe him but it might be worth a try.Last time I tried that extreme bulk_extend value the server would shut me out like... immediately. Also the fiber fraction value of 2.0 looks fishy because the valid range should be between 0 and 1.He reported an FPS drop from 50 to 25 and much increased TileProxy performance.Christian

Guest rbrown3rd

>>Can anyone try this?>>In a French forum, someone reported setting>FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in fsx.cfg to 2.0 and using>bulk_extend of 100 on a very fast Internet connection allowed>him to fly 180 knots through the Alps without getting the>Blurries. I don't believe him but it might be worth a try.>>Last time I tried that extreme bulk_extend value the server>would shut me out like... immediately. Also the fiber fraction>value of 2.0 looks fishy because the valid range should be>between 0 and 1.>>He reported an FPS drop from 50 to 25 and much increased>TileProxy performance.>>Christian>My FSX would not boot with FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in fsx.cfg at 2.0. But, that could be a fluke. Don't have time to try it again at the moment.

>My FSX would not boot with FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION in>fsx.cfg at 2.0. But, that could be a fluke. Don't have time>to try it again at the moment.Wouldn't that setting imply that you are giving "200%" of the sim's processing time to those fibers? (Default = 0.33 = 33%) That could be why it didn't like it. (Maybe)

>Wouldn't that setting imply that you are giving "200%" of the>sim's processing time to those fibers? (Default = 0.33 = 33%)>WOW that sounds GREAT I'm gonna set mine to 9.0 and a nine times faster processerWIPPEEEE !!!al

Guest rbrown3rd

After tinkering with those settings, just coincidence?, I am now getting:Transfer #5 resulted in redirect, retrying (1)...Error was 47 for transfer #3 (http://kh.g*****.com/kh?t=tqstqtsrqrrrq&n=404&v=17), cleaning up...Transfer #3 resulted in redirect, retrying (1)...Error was 47 for transfer #6 (http://kh.g*****.com/kh?t=tqstqtrstsstt&n=404&v=17), cleaning up...Transfer #6 resulted in redirect, retrying (1)...Transfer #2 problem - giving up!Transfer #12 problem - giving up!Transfer #16 problem - giving up!Transfer #20 problem - giving up!Transfer #17 problem - giving up!Transfer #0 problem - giving up!Transfer #1 problem - giving up!Transfer #4 problem - giving up!Transfer #5 problem - giving up!Transfer #7 problem - giving up!Transfer #10 problem - giving up!Transfer #15 problem - giving up!Transfer #21 problem - giving up!Transfer #3 problem - giving up!Transfer #6 problem - giving up!Transfer #11 problem - giving up!Transfer #22 problem - giving up!(0) - Done!

Guest cbuchner1

You just got locked out of the Google servers based on your IP adress.Try again in a few hours or reset your DSL modem ;)

Guest rbrown3rd

Thanks Christian. So, that block is dropped after a few hours? I noticed that I can still fly in areas that I have been before so I guess the tiles that have been loaded previously stay loaded and are not deleted from my local drive? I had been under the assumption that they had to be reloaded anew for each session.