Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

FBW A32NX - Developer Version CTD

Hi All,

Happy New Year !

I have been flying the stable version for a while with zero issues, last week I tried the dev version and had a CTD so went back to the stable. Today I thought I would try the dev version and again got a CTD. The only addons I use are pushback toolbar addon by Ambitious pilots, the ShiftZ stats & Floyds epic clouds. All 3 of these work with the stable version, I was just wondering if anyone had come across issues with the dev version and any of these addons.

I haven't had a huge amount of time to trouble shoot so I thought I'd ask here first

Regards

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

If you only have two addons, then it's an easy job to isolate the culprit. My guess is that it's ShiftZ stats (which I don't have - but I do have Floyds clouds).

A great way of managing your addons is Addons Linker - which makes it easy to temporarily enable/disable addons.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

16 hours ago, RJC68 said:

Hi All,

Happy New Year !

I have been flying the stable version for a while with zero issues, last week I tried the dev version and had a CTD so went back to the stable. Today I thought I would try the dev version and again got a CTD. The only addons I use are pushback toolbar addon by Ambitious pilots, the ShiftZ stats & Floyds epic clouds. All 3 of these work with the stable version, I was just wondering if anyone had come across issues with the dev version and any of these addons.

I haven't had a huge amount of time to trouble shoot so I thought I'd ask here first

Regards

Richard

Richard,

After installing the dev version and getting the CTD, did you restart the sim and try again. I have had instances in the past after installing an update to the FBW I'll get a CTD on first flight load, but if I restart and reload it will load and not CTD.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Richard,

After installing the dev version and getting the CTD, did you restart the sim and try again. I have had instances in the past after installing an update to the FBW I'll get a CTD on first flight load, but if I restart and reload it will load and not CTD.

The CTD's have been happening about 2 hours in to the flight, The weird thing is yesterday I switched to the stable version and attempted the same flight, it too crashed around the same position. I have put a ton of hours on the stable version lately and it has been rock solid so now I am wondering what could be the issue. I have not installed any new addons for months and have the latest versions of the addons I do have installed.

I am doing some troubleshooting now so will report back any findings

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm using the dev version with shift-z stats virtually every flight and no CTD here.  I use a bazillion addon's as well.  Also worth noting I'm running the latest beta of MSFS as well - maybe try that?

Thomas Derbyshire

30 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I'm using the dev version with shift-z stats virtually every flight and no CTD here.  I use a bazillion addon's as well.  Also worth noting I'm running the latest beta of MSFS as well - maybe try that?

Up until now I have been using shift-z without issues, I removed it last night and did the same flight, I did get further but still had a CTD so I am pretty sure that isn't the root cause. Today I am testing a few other theories. I have been lucky so far without having the CTD's that have plagued so many.

Appreciate the help

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

25 minutes ago, RJC68 said:

Up until now I have been using shift-z without issues, I removed it last night and did the same flight, I did get further but still had a CTD so I am pretty sure that isn't the root cause. Today I am testing a few other theories. I have been lucky so far without having the CTD's that have plagued so many.

Appreciate the help

I used to get sporadic CTD but honestly since updating to BETA my sim has definitely felt more stable, so worth a try...

Thomas Derbyshire

32 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

I used to get sporadic CTD but honestly since updating to BETA my sim has definitely felt more stable, so worth a try...

OK Good to know,

I may well look into this

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

The MSFS team has posted an announcement confirming that they are aware of issues regarding Live Weather causing not only weather related issues, but potentially CTDs and low performance over time.

Forum post: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/current-issue-with-live-weather-and-associated-ctd-and-possibly-black-screen-on-xbox/486177

We advise you do flights with Live Weather set to OFF, and to configure that BEFORE loading your flight. Changing the setting during the flight seems to have less of an effect. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves. We recommend you also keep an eye on the MSFS Discord and Forum for further updates.

• Like 1

FlyByWire Simulations

3 hours ago, Watsi said:

The MSFS team has posted an announcement confirming that they are aware of issues regarding Live Weather causing not only weather related issues, but potentially CTDs and low performance over time.

Forum post: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/current-issue-with-live-weather-and-associated-ctd-and-possibly-black-screen-on-xbox/486177

We advise you do flights with Live Weather set to OFF, and to configure that BEFORE loading your flight. Changing the setting during the flight seems to have less of an effect. We will keep you updated as the situation evolves. We recommend you also keep an eye on the MSFS Discord and Forum for further updates.

Funnily enough my last test of the day is now with live weather off. Every attempt I have made today has been with live weather and resulted in a CTD. So far so good lol

Thanks for the information though, appreciate what you guys do for the community

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

4 hours ago, Watsi said:

Well I spoke to soon,

Yet another CTD with live weather off.

Maybe I will try the Beta version

I am curious if it is something with this particular route:

EGCN (RWY02) UPTO2C HON L10 RINTI UL10 LESDO UL15 BEGAR Q341 RESIA T415 UTAME T292 KAPPO L612 NOSTO UL612 TRL DCT VP055 NESIM LGKL (RWYI35LZ) FL370

If anyone wants to give this a try I'd love to hear if there are any CTD's

Edited by RJC68

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

So after many attempts today with the Dev version everyone resulted in a CTD at some point in the flight. Just out of curiosity I did the exact same flight in the stock A320 exporting the flight plan from littlenavmap after importing it from Simbrief without any issues whatsoever. God the default A320 is horrible lol

Anyway at least my sanity is somewhat in tact now and I know it is not my installation. Maybe I will go back to the stable version for now which has been bullet proof for me anyway (Well apart from yesterday but that could well have been the live weather bug) 

Maybe it is something to do with loading it directly from Simbrief, I might have a go tomorrow entering everything manually and see what happens

Edited by RJC68
  • Like 1

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

I've also started getting the same behaviour with the FBW A320 Dev version in only the last few days. Haven't had CTD with MSFS for over a year and now the last 5 FBW flights have all CTD well into the flight, usually on approach. Got a heap of add-ons so have will use add-on manager to 'remove' them all tomorrow and do some tests as well.

Pete Gordon

ASUS TUF Z370-Plus | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GTX 1080 |  1TB SSD

There's an advice in the MSFS forum to also turn off live weather in MSFS data settings.

spacer.png

• Like 2

FlyByWire Simulations

Tried the experimental version without live weather (used the live preset instead) and all good on a quick trip from ESSB to ENAL

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"