Sign in to follow this  
dresoccer4

Change Airport Without Exiting Sim?

Hey guys quick q: seeing if there's a way to simply switch to another airport (whilst on the ground) without having to completely exit and re-setup your flight again? thanks!

Just now, dresoccer4 said:

Hey guys quick q: seeing if there's a way to simply switch to another airport (whilst on the ground) without having to completely exit and re-setup your flight again? thanks!

Activate the developers mode and use the spawn feature. Then exit dev mode and carry on!

tpewpb-6.png

2 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Activate the developers mode and use the spawn feature. Then exit dev mode and carry on!

awesome thanks!

EDIT: works brilliantly! this will speed up a lot of things

Edited by dresoccer4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RW1 said:

By the "spawn feature" do you mean the Teleport Window? I find while the Teleport window does move you to another airport, you may end up somewhere off in the grass rather than on a runway. Or is there a way to be more specific than just entering the desired airport ICAO code?

Thx,

Al

2 minutes ago, ark said:

By the "spawn feature" do you mean the Teleport Window? I find while the Teleport window does move you to another airport, you may end up somewhere off in the grass rather than on a runway. Or is there a way to be more specific than just entering the desired airport ICAO code?

Thx,

Al

i used the teleport feature to a general area of an icao but it's automatically in slew mode so i just slew the plane quickly over to the terminal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ark said:

By the "spawn feature" do you mean the Teleport Window?

Yeah sorry. I meant to say teleport. Was playing COD WW2 whilst i wrote my reply. And yes i use the slew to move to a parking area. I have not tried entering a parking code. Not sure if it caters to such precision. Will try it later.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

9 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Yeah sorry. I meant to say teleport. Was playing COD WW2 whilst i wrote my reply. And yes i use the slew to move to a parking area. I have not tried entering a parking code. Not sure if it caters to such precision. Will try it later.

Looks like you can put in latitude & longitude info if you have it. But I doubt most would have that handy for a parking slot or runway threshold, etc.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ark said:

Looks like you can put in Latitude & Longitude info if you have it.

Al

Nice. LNavMap has this feature. Click on your aircraft, Then right click for Co-ords! Thanks for the tip.

tpewpb-6.png

47 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Nice. LNavMap has this feature. Click on your aircraft, Then right click for Co-ords! Thanks for the tip.

Just tried entering Lat Long coordinates and that works. As you said, you can get the Lat Long coordinates for an airport location ( e.g., a parking spot) in LNM. You can either right click and then select "More" at the bottom of the window that opens to copy the coordinates to your clipboard, or just hover your mouse over a location and read the coordinates at the bottom of the screen. However, you will have to convert the Degrees, Minutes, Seconds format from LNM to an overall value in degrees for the Teleport Window.

So: Lat or Long in Degrees = Degrees + Minutes/60 + Seconds/3600 with North Lat and East Long as positive values, and South Lat and West Long as negative values.

Interesting, but maybe quicker to just use the ICAO code and slew to where you want to go!  🙂 Since the sim obviously knows how to put you on a runway or parking spot at an airport, I don't see why they don't have a Teleport dropdown window for that if you enter an ICAO code.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ark said:

I don't see why they don't have a Teleport dropdown window for that if you enter an ICAO code.

Because that would be too practical for Asobo to implement... 😄 

EDIT: Just found you can select which format of LAT/LONG one prefers. Quite handy actually. Now there is no need for me to end my flights if i'm having a flyathon!

spacer.png

Edited by RW1
  • Like 2

tpewpb-6.png

5 hours ago, RW1 said:

Was playing COD WW2 whilst i wrote my reply.

3 hours ago, RW1 said:

Because that would be too practical for Asobo to implement... 😄 

LOL and LOL 😉

• Like 1

I have Plan G running on a third computer, but it has a facility to move planes to another airport - I do this all the time and it is only a click and it is transported 'just like that'!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

8 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

awesome thanks!

EDIT: works brilliantly! this will speed up a lot of things

BTW You can also switch planes in the dev mode: another time saver if you forgot to switch planes in the main menu. You migh lose your call sign though (if I recall correctly) and the flight might not be saved in your logbook (again, if I recall correctly).

And also BTW you have to enter dev mode using the options screen but you can exit dev mode while in flight from the menu you get when you are in dev mode. Another little time saver.

Edited by tup61

Simple: just hit "Y" to go into slew mode, then move your plane anywhere you want.

12 hours ago, ark said:

you may end up somewhere off in the grass rather than on a runway.

as real as it gets. has happened to real pilots 😊

https://www.thelocal.de/20180516/bad-landing-hamburg-area-pilot-nearly-misses-the-airport/

http://avherald.com/h?article=4b875b2b

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.