Sign in to follow this  
jbcallender

Tobii Eyetracker 5

I came across this eyetracker which works with MSFS2020.  Does anyone know if it is compatible with P2D?  I have trackIR, but wearing the IR emitters really bugs me.

Thanks, Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

It works with P3Dv4x and 5x, I have one.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hi !

Do you enjoy this tracker ?

I'm considering to buy one...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

It's expensive, and it in contrast to TrackIR you cannot zoom in/out (or I didn't find out how to do it).

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Not wanting to annoy anyone by daring to ask, but would this also work with X-plane do we know please?

Works in MSFS and DCS and host of other titles but not XP according to users , but you can get third party software that you can use then works in almost anything.

Microsoft Flight Simulator with Tobii Eye Tracker 5 - YouTube

I wear glasses bi-focal but use VDU gasses made by my optician recommended if you use a PC a lot with antiglare coating, I like the fact i don`t have to put anything on my head and can get up a walk away in a long IFR flight autopilot make brew go to the loo come back and sit down and it works without having to do anything. You should take the time on setting up to fine tune your view to suit you for the best results. It does not affect sim performance, In the end use what suits you and your pocket. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51808844225/in/dateposted-public/

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

18 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Works in MSFS and DCS and host of other titles but not XP according to users , but you can get third party software that you can use then works in almost anything.

Microsoft Flight Simulator with Tobii Eye Tracker 5 - YouTube

I wear glasses bi-focal but use VDU gasses made by my optician recommended if you use a PC a lot with antiglare coating, I like the fact i don`t have to put anything on my head and can get up a walk away in a long IFR flight autopilot make brew go to the loo come back and sit down and it works without having to do anything. You should take the time on setting up to fine tune your view to suit you for the best results. It does not affect sim performance, In the end use what suits you and your pocket. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/154944674@N05/51808844225/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks for the info, that's interesting.

Would you have a link at all to the software that you mention please?

Incidentally, I see we are almost neighbours, I live just a few big hills away in Bakewell.

5 hours ago, philmurfin said:

Thanks for the info, that's interesting.

Would you have a link at all to the software that you mention please?

Incidentally, I see we are almost neighbours, I live just a few big hills away in Bakewell.

How to add more value to your Tobii EyeTracker by using FaceTrackNoIR to enable tracking in any game - YouTube

Raymond Fry.

I like Tobii because you don't have to wear anything on your head. It now works with MSFS and P3D "out of the box". But it has its limitations.

The video above ("How to add more value ...") also shows that Tobii with or without NoTrackIR supports Roll, Yaw, and Pitch but not Zoom. TrackIR does, and that is very important for me if I want to have a closer look at those many instruments, gauges, knobs and handles in a flight simulator

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

2 hours ago, agutz said:

I like Tobii because you don't have to wear anything on your head. It now works with MSFS and P3D "out of the box". But it has its limitations.

The video above ("How to add more value ...") also shows that Tobii with or without NoTrackIR supports Roll, Yaw, and Pitch but not Zoom. TrackIR does, and that is very important for me if I want to have a closer look at those many instruments, gauges, knobs and handles in a flight simulator

Thanks, that's interesting.

5 hours ago, philmurfin said:

Thanks, that's interesting.

Zoom works with the mouse centre scroll wheel, I tend to fly in the cockpit not outside, only when testing scenery and airports do I use spot view.

Raymond Fry.

to bad for zoom, but on their website they say that zoom works...

https://tech.tobii.com/get-started/

see penultimate video 

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

@G-RFRY

That's interesting. I wasn't aware of that.Which Simulator is that? P3D?

Edited by agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Okay, I got it all wrong, mea culpa!
In MSFS you have to use the mouse wheel to zoom.
In P3D, when you enable head position you can adjust the "Z sensitivity, how fast the in-game camera will move forwards/backwards based on head position".
So zooming with Tobii is possible in both simulators.

Edited by agutz

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller