Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

V-Sync / Locking FPS

It took me a lot of testing find a good settings for my system. My 6900XT had some problems and no more stock was available, so I was completly... dead. Got a 6700xt but my system and monitor was built for the 6900xt in mind, with a 4k monitor still 60hz.

So, high settings, nothing on ultra, 80% scale resolution from 4k, and vsync 30 FPS gives me an amazing experience. I really miss the 200 lods, 100 looks a bit bland on distance, but for me it really worth the effort.

One setting that got me headache was the panels refresh rate, it was 8-10 FPS difference from high to low, dont know if this setting is CPU or GPU bound, so I keep it on LOW, as it gives me stutters with vsync enabled!

Edited by PaulM

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

I have a curved freesync Monitor.

The gsync frequency range is 48-165 

So whats the best setting to have 30 fps. Right now i have vsync in MSFS set to 30. And also limited the framerate in NCP to 30

I vary settings depending on my flight parameters.

C152 out in the sticks Id probably run v-sync 60 and let my system run free of any constraints 🙂

anything complex over London - v-sync 20 to get a more stable frame rate - but more importantly better frame times and therefore prevent stutters as mush as possible.

My Rig is also in my Conservatory, so in Summer it can get hot in there - I'd run v-sync 20 for sure then regardless of the flight.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Got myself a LG C1 48 inch for christmas.

No adjustments made in NV control panel, just in-sim "V-Sync" set to "On" and "Frame Rate Limit"  set to "20".
(Screen runs at 120Hz)

Everything on Ultra gives me smooth 40fps 95% of the time (but graphic card mostly over 90% utlilization).

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

I run at 30 frame cap, VSYNC on in NCP, frames capped in NCP also at 60.

My ryzen 5 3600 runs without boost so capped at 3.6 via processor 99% 'hack'.

RTX 2070 under volt at 800v max and capped at 1740mhz core clock.

1080p and this means i can run pretty much all ULTRA (apart from the ones where its proven there is NO difference at all from medium to ultra)

My biggest change is that i no longer ascribe to the Nvidia "max performance" mantra.

I run it at Optimum so for example i can be flying over rural areas and my core clock is using 1300mhz and voltage is 7.4v

Go into a city and core clock ups to 1740mhz...

This means i get smooth 30frames at all times bar the odd drop but rarely.

But importantly to me, temps on GPU are 51-58c and CPU 50-55c.

Very under stressed but still looks amazing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 3600 / RTX 2070 8GB / 2x8 RAM/