Sign in to follow this  
Guest alexitobites

Getting TileProxy to work.

Guest alexitobites

yes.

Guest alexitobites

Well, the strange thing is, that I get this message about 5-10 times and than my Simulator crashes.

Guest alexitobites

I've already tryied different areas (in germany, southafrica, grand canyon) ... always with the same result.Do you think, that beeing behind a router can be a possible problem?!Thanks for your help,Alexito

Guest alexitobites

Tryied it again ... Crash !!!After downloading some tiles the console gives me the messages "FileBasicInformation" and "FileStreamingInformation" and after some minutes my FS crashes with the following message:AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.60905.0 ModName: g2d.dllModVer: 10.0.60905.0 Offset: 0003ea8c:-(

Guest cbuchner1

Would you have an anti spyware tool running, for example that from Microsoft? (Windows Defender)Do you run Windows Vista or XP?

Guest cbuchner1

I get the same crash with Windows Vista randomly, but it is not related to any FileBasicInformation? or FileStreamingInformation? messages.

Guest alexitobites

No, no anti spyware. Just Bitdefender (which I deactivate for my tests). Running Windows XP.Gr

>>I get the same crash with Windows Vista randomly, but it is>not related to any FileBasicInformation? or>FileStreamingInformation? messages.>>I wonder if it's worth pasting your ini file information here so that it can be checked by somebody?

Guest christian

You're not alone. I get FileBasicInfo? all the time as well. Some textures come through, most don't - I don't get the crashes though. I ran EndItAll so I don't have any AV and similar progs running in the background.Christian

Guest DefBringer

>DefBringer, I am sure that I have the .ini file correct and>working I don't think I am getting all of the information>needed from the GE server?>>While the sceenery is being loaded up I see the following>message in the DOS box repeatedly >>Tile API: Fetching tiles at level "X" 1234 5678 <1,1> >Failed>>"X" being various level numbers and I am assuming the string>of digits that follows it to be a grid coordinate or something>similar.>Blaze -I am seeing the same thing. I am not sure what that error means, perhaps Christian can input?

Yup, Im getting the same thing to, but the funny thing is one time it worked for me??? I am not sure what I did but I just started a flight and there was satalite imagery in place. It wouldn't update as i moved along though - pretty cool I must say. After the flight I deleted the JPG files in my catche.tiles. I tryed it again and now it won't work once again. The DOS box gives me that same error now. And one other thing, when I click the "cleanup" utility in the world's folder it does not clear the folders out - it is supposed to right?. and don't click the unload filter driver when fsx is trying to load the scenery, it results in a system crash. My ProxyUser text is attached.

I have decided to go back to the default program. I think I need to wait for a more stadardized product. This has real potential and "Thank You" Christian for the chance to try it. However; for me I could not live with the long and iffy loads, flat blurry images and putting about at under 60knts. This is not a bash, like I said it was great being able to try it and I am sure I will come back once more of the kinks get worked out, it just wasn't working well for me.Best of luck to all and I'll follow along as things develop.Blaze

RE Thomason Jr.

Guest alexitobites

Oh, I'm glad to say, that it is working now. The Problem is ... I don't really know why.I saw, that other people in this thread http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...57047&mode=fullhad problems, too, using a router. And so I asked "BrzI" to send me his complete tileproxy folder ... and now it works.Thanks to him.