Sign in to follow this  
mobiel

P3d v5.3 Hf1 does not start anymore

Guys,

suddenly I get a strange issue since yesterday. After installing new windows updates my P3D does not start anymore. I only get the loading screen, chaseplane starts also automaticly but that's it. The scenario startup screen never comes.

Since yersterday I tried several solutions but nothing helped:

- uninstall Windows Update

- install Update again

- delete P3D.cfg

- delete scenery.cfg

- delete add-ons.cfg

And let them all rebuild

- delete Shaders

- uninstall and reinstall Client

- uninstall and reinstall Scenery

- uninstall and reinstall Content

- delete generated Files

- delete copmplete Prepare3d Folders under ProgramData

Step by step but also all together..

I do not know what is wrong and I do not have any ideas anymore.

I hope someone can help. P3D is the only programm with ssues since the windows update. 

Edited by mobiel

Of course yes. I tried every possible solution what I have read by google this issue. Really nothing helps - it is unbelievable.
I do not change everything whether in P3D or to my system just this windows update which I already unistalled.

The last flight before was finished fine yesterday

I think your only option is to uninstall P3D completely but keep your licence active and install from the 5.3HF1 installer.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So I did a full reinstall of P3D v5.3 HF1 the first time after reinstalling P3D everything load fine. So I closed P3D again to check whether it works now.

But when I try to start P3D for the second time I get the same issue I only get the loading screen and that's it

Edited by mobiel

Did you launch P3D the first time with no addons whatsoever? A virgin install. Or was it with all your adddons installed?

It's essential you run a basic P3D a couple of times just to confirm it's working. Then add 3rd party software one item at a time and load just to check it's still working.

Did you run with Administrator rights?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I ran P3D without everything also the second, third, fourth try was without add-ons etc. just a Virgin install.

Also after deleting generated files again P3D is not launching

Nothing helps!

Maybe s.th issues with Windows? But eveything else works fine without issues

Edited by mobiel

I'm running out of options. Can you post your version and build number of Windows.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If it runs then fails the second launch it might just be picking something up from the old install because on the first run it configures any add-ons into itself. It's easy to forget to rename something before freshly installing.

What I would try:

I would start by going into Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D Settings page and Restore/Apply the Global Settings, then in Program Settings choose the Prepar3D.exe profile and Restore/Apply that (if there is no restore button apply any change in the profile then the restore button appears) that ensures there's nothing around there to upset the system.

Then I would go into Windows Control Panel, Uninstall a program, choose to Uninstall P3D Client but choose to keep the License. After that choose Uninstall P3D.

In Explorer Rename the following folders:

"C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" (rename to "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 Old" for example).

"C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5"

"C:\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons"

"C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5"

"C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5"

You can also rename these as well but usually not an issue:

"C:\Users\you\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files"

"C:\Users\you\Pictures\Prepar3D v5 Files"

Having uninstalled P3D and renamed those folders we can be sure that a new install of P3D is completely fresh.

Run P3D from the desktop shortcut, allow it to go into the default flight, then exit. Now relaunch and see if it works. If it works, approach adding any add-ons with caution, install one at a time and retest the launch.

For the record I always install to the default folder location "C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5" as this presents less issues for installing any kind of add-on - however, because I have some add-ons (PMDG, Milviz) that try to write out files like flight plans and settings to within that (READ ONLY) folder tree, they would require Admin access to write to a read only folder, so before installing anything I set that folder to read/write for the authenticated Users group. I choose that folder in Explorer, and from the popup menu choose Properties, then select Security tab, and in Group/User names choose the Users (PCName/Users) group and in the Permissions for Users box tick the "Modify Allow" item, Apply, OK. Now I install and run with any addons and that is without having to run everything as admin.

• Upvote 3

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Steve,

Just a thought. If he opened both instances of add-ons.cfg and changed Active=True to Active=False and saved those files that would prevent any addon from running.

Just for the record I've never installed to Program Files. D:\P3Dv5 is mine. Same for v4 and v3.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Steve,

Just a thought. If he opened both instances of add-ons.cfg and changed Active=True to Active=False and saved those files that would prevent any addon from running.

Just for the record I've never installed to Program Files. D:\P3Dv5 is mine. Same for v4 and v3.

yes that would work too, however I would want to be sure that the install really is fresh and renaming those folders is easy and keeps any of my files for later. If you install into D:\ then you own that folder and automatically have modify rights to it so no need to run as admin, unless your addon accesses a network share that was set up for admins.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com