Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Alice first flight within the next few days.

Looks like Eviation's Alice electric aircraft boasting a range of 450 miles and 250 knots with a max payload of 2500 pounds is in final testing before its flight program begins. Currently conducting high speed taxi  checks and final testing.

Design is somewhat different to earlier configurations. No wing tip props now, they have been moved to the rear, and now a nose wheel rather than the previous tail dragger.

Beautiful looking aircraft.

Slight glitch with one engine the other day that wouldn't start but part from that testing is going well. 

150 aircraft currently ordered. Cape Air and DHL two of the customers.  

https://www.eviation.co/

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/43838/spaceship-like-electric-aircraft-alice-prepares-for-its-first-flight-in-these-awesome-images

message-editor%2F1641928644270-2022_01_09aliceeviation-321.jpg?quality=60

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 2

I'll bet pretty quiet, also! 

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

hopefully, What a time.. It looks really cool!

Victor Roos

19 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

hopefully, What a time.. It looks really cool!

Now give it 5 years until they slap some solid state batteries in it. I'm speculating 2000 mile range. 

Cool aircraft. Kind of beautiful and ugly at the same time. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

27 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Quiet is one of its features. Nice inside too.

https://www.eviation.co/aircraft/#cargo-configuration

Less noisy by a factor of more than 100 during takeoff and cruise compared to its jet-fueled counterparts, Alice's cabin is ultra-quiet allowing passengers to converse or simply enjoy the view without disruption. The pressurized aircraft has a payload of 2,500 pounds and a range of 440 nautical miles.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/eviation-lifts-the-curtain-on-alice-executive-cabin-design-301442042.html

Edited by martin-w

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Beautiful looking aircraft.

1 hour ago, Swe_Richard said:

Kind of beautiful and ugly at the same time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder doesn't think it's an attractive design, but I'm happy to see new tech developed.
Hopefully we'll see it undertake a successful first flight very soon.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

34 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This beholder doesn't think it's an attractive design, but I'm happy to see new tech developed.
Hopefully we'll see it undertake a successful first flight very soon.

😁 For the life of me I cant see how anyone wouldn't think it was a lovely looking machine, but it's subjective and you are entitled to think differently. So what to you is an attractive aircraft?

First flight should be within days unless there are any issues to fix. 

Its been delayed of course, after a fire a while back. Nothing to do with the aircrafts batteries or systems, it was a separate power unit being used to fire up the avionics that caught fire, destroying one of the prototypes. 

Edited by martin-w

Cool little plane.  This is a great application of current electric-powered vehicle technology. 

I can see this being up-scaled in the future, especially as battery energy density gets better.

I'm curious what the cost per passenger mile is compared to a business jet.  I'm sure it's less, not to mention less emissions.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

2 minutes ago, martin-w said:

For the life of me I cant see how anyone wouldn't think it was a lovely looking machine, but it's subjective and you are entitled to think differently. So what to you is an attractive aiorcfat?

Shorts 330 🙃

VC-10, 787-9, Tornado F3, Su-57, Epic E1000 among many others.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, dave2013 said:

I'm curious what the cost per passenger mile is compared to a business jet.  I'm sure it's less, not to mention less emissions.

See below Dave. 

Based on U.S. industrial electricity prices, the direct operating cost with nine passengers and two crew, flying at 240 kn (440 km/h), is claimed to be $200 per hour, which compares to $600–1,000 per hour for existing aircraft of similar purchase price such as the Cessna 402s, Pilatus PC-12 and Beechcraft King Air, for operations on routes under 500 nmi (930 km).[3][6] 45% of air routes fall within its 565 nmi (1,050 km) range at 260 kn (482 km/h), or 55% of airline flights according to Flightglobal's Cirium data.[7]

They have a goal of zero emissions. Which depends of course on where the operators get their electrons from. From renewables zero emissions but that doesn't count manufacturing carbon footprint of course. Certainly very low emissions. 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:54 PM, martin-w said:

See below Dave. 

Nice.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv6.1

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS