Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'final' atmospheric decision has been made, LOL!

18 hours ago, spilok said:

With both Active Sky and Cloud Art, my clouds do not look anything like the first set above.  They are full and look extremely realistic. they don't look like cotton puffs.  I've flown a lot in real life too, and the clouds I usually see are not fuzzy but have specific definition.

Stan

Stan, the bottom line, for all of us...is that whatever we choose to view cloud art as real life...well, we can buy those add on's and placing them into a running P3D, can achieve our viewpoint/visual needs met.  So, isn't that all good for each user?  I personally really like now P3D's  Vol Clouds set to Medium.   I now have them on as my 'carved in stone' no longer mess with, sim settings.  They (for me,) look real enough to relax the mind...and not think of hoping to look at better (to satisfy me) cloud art.  So...a win/win for everybody running it.   Buy (or don't buy) what you need, to make P3D work for you, session start, to session end.

Cheers,

Mitch

Edited by Sesquashtoo

18 hours ago, spilok said:

With both Active Sky and Cloud Art, my clouds do not look anything like the first set above.  They are full and look extremely realistic. they don't look like cotton puffs.  I've flown a lot in real life too, and the clouds I usually see are not fuzzy but have specific definition.

Stan

I was wondering when someone would mention AS + ASCA. My clouds with those two and with EA on but vol. clouds off is most certainly the best for me.

Edited by IanHarrison
  • Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.