Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

BIG RADIALS The Goose

5 minutes ago, dsmbell said:

Hi, has anyone put this in AH2? I haven't purchased the plane yet but keen to see if I can afford it in AH2. Thanks.

Only $1,604,157.00 🤑

• Like 1

Looks great and thinking of getting it but before I do, can someone answer this silly question for me please ? If you blow the engines, do they actually lose power and stop working or is the smoke billowing out just for show? Thanks!

2 hours ago, saifs said:

Looks great and thinking of getting it but before I do, can someone answer this silly question for me please ? If you blow the engines, do they actually lose power and stop working or is the smoke billowing out just for show? Thanks!

Yes, you actually loose the engines. Did it on my first flight.Lucky I was over water at the time.

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:56 PM, Boeing_Driver said:

I didn’t even see the screen change as the aircraft moved across country. Is there something that needs to be done to activate it?

I had the same experience. It also did not respond to mouse clicks at all, so totally "Do you wanna build a snow man?"  frozen for me.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, Chock said:

Working fine for me.

How did you get the radios tuned and then to swap frequencies from standby to active?  Am I missing something?

Big Radials has acknowledged the problem with the radio along with a few other open issues and are putting together a patch to correct them. I saw that Orbx, where I purchased my copy, actually had a patch last night that I did download and install but did not have time to actually use, so the fixes "might" even already be in place. If not then they should be soon.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

13 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

Yes, you actually loose the engines. Did it on my first flight.Lucky I was over water at the time.

Ditto

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

Big Radials has acknowledged the problem with the radio along with a few other open issues and are putting together a patch to correct them. I saw that Orbx, where I purchased my copy, actually had a patch last night that I did download and install but did not have time to actually use, so the fixes "might" even already be in place. If not then they should be soon.

This was the day one patch, that corrected some folder structures (Orbx approved it just now)
A second patch is coming very soon, adressing these:
-Tuneable NAV and COM frequencies
-Fixed flickering of GPS and XPDR screens
-GPS and XPDR screens can now be "popped" to be used on a second monitor (this fix should also allow VR users to zoom in on them)
-Heading Hold mode added to the gyropilot (selection via the heading card on the gyro itself)
-Reversed the gyro switches to be UP=ON
-Last LOD showing too early in multiplayer
-Starters arent useable if the battery is ON anymore
-Fixed rain flowing the wrong way on the right window
-Other things i cant remember right now 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

A second patch is coming very soon, adressing these...

-Starters arent useable if the battery is ON anymore
-Fixed rain flowing the wrong way on the right window-Other things i cant remember right now 🙂

- Starters are NOT useable if the battery is ON? seems like it should be the other way around

- Interesting with the rain. Mine was flowing forward on the left window. Didn't notice the right. Perhaps I just didn't notice the right side.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

2 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

- Starters are NOT useable if the battery is ON? seems like it should be the other way around

- Interesting with the rain. Mine was flowing forward on the left window. Didn't notice the right. Perhaps I just didn't notice the right side.

yea, the other way around, on both topic 😄

Edited by leprechaunlive

Hi there, thanks for the new Goose, it is superb.

I'm just wondering, though: people behind it is the same as in the free version? (OzWookie, I presume?)

Reason for asking is the liveries. Even if the new Goose is wonderful and I love the new 'Big Radials' and 'Cutter's' liveries, I do also really miss some of the liveries that came with the free version. Sure I know a G21A is not the same as a JRF6, specially because of the retracting pontoons, but I'm sure they are easily adaptable, specially if designers are the same in both cases.

Sure some 3rd party authors are populating the net with new liveries for the JFR6, but they simply don't do justice to it IMHO.

Rest assured I'd gladly pay for a "livery pack" by Big Radials, with new versions of all the liveries that were famous for the free Goose.

I

Just want to say "WELL DONE!" to the devs! The addon is great: sounds are incredible and the Goose flies really nice.

I am enjoying the "Canadian fishing holiday" flight and I really hope to get some more bush trips. 🤠

Has anyone heard when the next Goose update might be out? Everything works great but there is one annoying thing... the fuel tanks have different rates of consumption (caused from a past sim update I believe). And even when the fuel selector is set to right tank only, the left still drops, just at a slower rate. It’s not the worst hiccup in the world but would still like to see it fixed. 

Oh... fuel burn seems way off too. It’s half what it should be. 

Having purchased this in the sim, the bush trip does not work.

This is also meant to be fixed in the update, and I have not flown it yet as I want to do it with the Bush trip first.

Any update on when we can expect this Big Radials?