Sign in to follow this  
Ricardobc

MSFS2020 Settings

Hello Simmers,

Anyone here simulate with a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop? 5800h, 32gb Ram, RTX3070 144w are the main specs and i have the laptop connected to a LG35 inch monitor 3440x1440 resolution. I am having problems with FPS and not stable at least with 30 fps.

Can you folks share here your display settings of MSFS2020?

Thank You

Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo (Montijo, Portugal).
System: MSFS2020

NEW BUILD in process:

Intel i7 12700K, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Ultra, 64GB RAM DDR5, Gigabyte RTX 3080 TI, 2TB SSD Samsung 980 PRO, 1TB SSD WD SN750, 1TB SSD Kingston A2000, Corsair Hydro H150i Elite LCD, Corsair RM1000x, Corsair Virtuoso SE Headset, Corsair 5000D Airflow with 7 SP120mm RGB Elite Fans, LG 35WN65 (3440x1440), Thrustmaster Airbus Officer Pack+AddOn

My aettings for my system probably wouldn't be relevant to you, however I would start by setting msfs and your videocard settings to default and working up from there until you get instability, then dial back a bit.  This process has served  me well over many years of flight simming.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

4 hours ago, johnbow72 said:

That’s interesting, didn’t know this was a thing! 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

10 hours ago, Ricardobc said:

Anyone here simulate with a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro laptop? 5800h, 32gb Ram, RTX3070 144w are the main specs and i have the laptop connected to a LG35 inch monitor 3440x1440 resolution. I am having problems with FPS and not stable at least with 30 fps.

Can you folks share here your display settings of MSFS2020

Hi Ricardo - that's very decent hardware but pushing that resolution is always difficult. Here are a few simple suggestions:

- Start off with the suggestion from the official zendesk (disable fullscreen optimizations and scaling, disable HAGS, disable VBS on Win 11, set virtual memory, etc)

All versions - How to improve the performance – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

- In Windows, disable background app refresh and auto-startup for as many apps as possible

- In Windows -> Power -> set power mode to best performance

- In Windows Gaming - > captures -> disable recording  

- In Nvidia CP, change power management to "prefer maximum performance", and if you're running DX11, set low latency mode to "on"

- With your hardware, try starting off with the High preset in the sim

- If you want to keep the 3440x1440 resolution, drop render scaling to 80-90% and see if you get an improvement

- Once you're comfortable with your fps, you can revisit each graphic setting the sim and increase to ultra to see if it has an impact 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DylanM said:

and if you're running DX11, set low latency mode to "on"

Please could anyone explain to me the benefit and effects of this?  I think there may be 3 settings - on, off and ultra. Thanks.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

6 hours ago, cianpars said:

Please could anyone explain to me the benefit and effects of this?  I think there may be 3 settings - on, off and ultra. Thanks.

Sure thing - changing the setting to "on" limits the pre-rendered frame queue to 1. This can lower the the overhead on the CPU and can help with both mainthread and GPU performance and latency. Setting it to ultra fully minimizes queued frames and latency but works best when gsync and vsync are enabled (otherwise you may hit stutters). Note that low latency mode only works in DX11; DX12 takes control of the queue at a low level.

And if you really want to get into the weeds

How To Reduce Lag - A Guide To Better System Latency | GeForce News | NVIDIA

• Like 2

Il y a 20 heures, solito a déclaré :

So, which is the best latency setting, off, on or Ultra  ?

I tried both and I don't see any difference I don't know which one to activate I have vsync 30IPS activated in MSFS

If I understood correctly it is necessary to put on ULTRA if one uses Vsync in MSFS?

Edited by Axis3600
Edit