Sign in to follow this  
teletom

AMD problems with Windows 11 solved now?

Guys, pop up just appeared on my PC that Windows 11 is now available to be installed.

What is the latest on the peformance problems regarding AMD CPUs (in my case a 5950x) and Windows 11?
Should I give it a go or ignore it .... PC mainly used for MSFS 2020.

Cheers, Tom

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

I have a 5900x .. saw the pop up .. waved it off for now. Until i see a tangible reason for upgrading im good with what is proven to work. 

but if you insist on upgrading 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-400

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

No, not insisting ... just curious about the current status of the subject and opinions of people that have been brave enought to try it.

• Like 1

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

Issue has been solved some time back. I’m running Win11 with a B550 MB and 5900x and am having no issues. Just grab the latest BIOS version, chipset drivers and Win11 updates and you’ll be fine. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

The initial problems with preferred core, cache coherence and L3 cache performance have been solved. I get equal/better performance in Win11 as I did in Win10.

There's however a bug that affects some users where the TPM causes hickups/lag when enabled. This happens regardless of the OS, but since TPM is required for Win11, more people are experiencing it on Win11. A BIOS fix is expected around April.

Edited by JimmiG

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP