Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

After the last update (Australia) "Store" doesn't work.

I have installed the latest update (Australia) without problems but when I go to the Store it not only does not allow me to buy no products but not even download free scenarios like Australia.

The "Get and Download" and "Get" boxes do not highlight and nothing happens if I click on them.

On the other hand, on "Content Manager" the scenarios shown can be downloaded normally.

I tried to start MFS2020 either by clicking on the icon or by Administrator but nothing changes.

I assume the "Store" you are looking at is the MSFS Marketplace, correct?

Bert

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I assume the "Store" you are looking at is the MSFS Marketplace, correct?

Yes and I add that, in chat, I explained this problem to Microsoft support by giving all the requested information on the account I have for Microsoft Store but the interlocutor, after a search, was only able to provide me with a link from the MFS2020 forum to ... look for the solution!

If I can buy scenarios for MFS2020 from external markets, which I did and installed, the issue remains that the Store does not let me install the free scenarios such as Australia.

Well, I'm in the same situation. Everything works fine, but cannot download new software (freeware/payware) from the marketplace.
Even reinstalled MSFS2020 for this, signed out from the store as suggested and after a while, signed in again.

Checked several forums but no solution yet.......

After yet another search I found this link

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests

On the page at the top right click on

"Submit a request"

open the list and click on

"I have an issue with a purchase (Missing content, Buy & Download button grayed out ...)"

Fill out the form, send and ... hope!

Ps. What I don't understand is why when I explained this problem to the support in chat, who answered me instead of sending me on this page gave me the link of the MFS 2020 forum.

1 hour ago, RobPol471 said:

What I don't understand is why when I explained this problem to the support in chat, who answered me instead of sending me on this page gave me the link of the MFS 2020 forum.

I have found the MS staff to be clueless when it comes to either the MS Store, or the Marketplace..

Bert

It took 45 minutes to download the 1.2 gig MSFS loader app.

ns

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

I finally have had enough after this last update with a similar outcome as your experience as well as being locked out of my account on various other updates and what not. Went over to Steam and I will see how that works out. Buying the same sim twice is really a stupid decision, but i have had enough of the BS. I just want to fly and MS makes it as hard as possible to do just that. Skip

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skipph said:

I finally have had enough after this last update with a similar outcome as your experience as well as being locked out of my account on various other updates and what not. Went over to Steam and I will see how that works out. Buying the same sim twice is really a stupid decision, but i have had enough of the BS. I just want to fly and MS makes it as hard as possible to do just that. Skip

I did the same thing no problems since

14 hours ago, airservices said:

I did the same thing no problems since

When did you make your move? Mine was 3 days ago. I am just waiting for problems to start. 

This sounds so 'not ok' . Paying twice for the same software to solve problems that occur beyond your own control.
I do own a lot off Marketplace add-ons. Is it only that I have to pay Steam for a new basic Flightsimulator?
In other words, add-ons purchased using the Marketplace can all be reinstalled with the Steam platform?

I'm afraid not.

48 minutes ago, vbinnendijk said:

This sounds so 'not ok' . Paying twice for the same software to solve problems that occur beyond your own control.
I do own a lot off Marketplace add-ons. Is it only that I have to pay Steam for a new basic Flightsimulator?
In other words, add-ons purchased using the Marketplace can all be reinstalled with the Steam platform?

I'm afraid not.

Having MFS2020 installed from Xbox and I do not know how the installation from Steam takes place but if it is the same done by Xbox on PC, then before uninstalling MFS2020 just save the folder in  ...User \ AppData \ Local \ Packages Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe  and  " if "  Steam installs as Xbox does, the MFS2020 startup folder in WindowsApps, before starting MFS2020 you need to copy the Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder in  ...User \ AppData \ Local \ Packages and in this way in addition to saving the ... hours to download MFS2020 all the addons both in Community and Official will be present.

Of course this should be valid, I repeat myself, if Steam installs as an Xbox.

I used this procedure when I replaced the SSD by uninstalling MFS2020 from Xbox then after Xbox has it installed the startup program in WindowsApps on the new SSD, before starting it I copied the saved folder and after starting MFS2020 it was all O.K. and without having to reinstall everything.

Thanks for the reply('s). Just submitted a 'very detailed' ticket to support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com.
Let's see what hey will come up with.

8 hours ago, skipph said:

When did you make your move? Mine was 3 days ago. I am just waiting for problems to start. 

Same here just after the last update I know it was a waste of money but got sick of the problems that I got with the store version