Sign in to follow this  
RobF2

Tree sizing

Enjoying the WU Australia so much, but gosh it would be good to pull the trees back to realistic size.  Is there currently any way to do so with the Microsoft install?  What's the latest please?

Thank you Gunther - wouldn't have tried it with NZ in the title, but will get on it if works everywhere.....  🙂

So, do I just put str1kestudioz-nztree in my Community folder as is, or do I have to edit the Asobo_species file in various places manually?

Yeah, just put the str1kestudioz-nztree folder into Community. I think he included that other file just for reference.

Yay.  That's so much better!  (tree size)

And will check out the salt lakes sometime too - looks like amazing work.  Pretty rare to have them blue and full of water at any time  🙂

The payware REX AccuSeason modifies the vegetation worldwide in MSFS and allows you to select different sizes for the trees. Works very well for me and it’s very easy to use, mostly automatic

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

You'd think by now this would have been calibrated a bit better, or at least have a slider.  Good to hear about REX option though.

10 minutes ago, RobF2 said:

You'd think by now this would have been calibrated a bit better, or at least have a slider.  Good to hear about REX option though.

What's expected for SU8 though is a slider for vegetation, to make it visible at different distances when flying, like a LOD slider.

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, RobF2 said:

Especially in areas that received a World Update. One would think they would go over all the tree placement and height as well as the vector data for rivers and lakes. But they don't.

• Like 3

I'm kicking myself for not checking up on this sooner.  Really makes a difference having the trees under control and more realistic size to improve realism, particularly in an area you're familiar with and photogrammetry on.  Just little things that make a difference too, like being able to see nearby hills and distant high rise that were previously screened by the un-realistic Jack and Beanstalk amazon jungle.

Thanks again Gunther for the tip.

Edited by RobF2
  • Like 1

Too bad you can select a smaller tree size with the Bjian tree mod. I don’t want to purchase another pay ware mod for trees. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

22 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Too bad you can select a smaller tree size with the Bjian tree mod. I don’t want to purchase another pay ware mod for trees. 

What do you mean?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

What do you mean?

I think the tree sizes in MSFS are way way to big and you cannot change them with the Bijan tree mod, which I own, like you can with the REX mod. 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom