Sign in to follow this  
Guest ToMy Li

SP1 on FS insider!

Guest LSflyguy

Are you a naysayer? Cuz it's my birthday in 15 minutes, I'm enjoying the heck out of SP1, and I feel like punching some random naysayer in the nose right now. ;) neener neener neener!!!

Guest LeeWang

Happy Birthday.Lee

>Requesting SP2.>>LeeDon't just drop a drive-by pointed post like that. Assume some accountability and detail why.-Jon

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest unitedpilot36

Guys, you're getting me excited! Don't do that when I still have an hour or two before I can install the sp! :(If I get good results, I may not be sleeping tonight.:9

Guest LeeWang

>>Requesting SP2.>>>>Lee>>>Don't just drop a drive-by pointed post like that. Assume some>accountability and detail why.>>-JonInstall SP1 Jon. Then commentLee

Anyone else getting ridiculously low download speeds? I'm getting about 6 k/b a sec, occasionally it goes up to 60 k/b

Guest unitedpilot36

>Anyone else getting ridiculously low download speeds? I'm>getting about 6 k/b a sec, occasionally it goes up to 60 k/bI can only imagine how many people are downloading right now. When I downloaded it like an hour ago, I was gettings about 550 kb/s. Early bird gets the worm!:D

What makes you think I haven't? I'm reserving complete judgment until I've checked all scenarios typical of my style of simming. So far, just on the default flight, I've gained about a 30% or more boost in frames.So again, please do share why you'd like SP2. It might help others, or you might catch a pointer that you've missed somehow which could solve whatever problems you might be having. As it is, you've only demonstrated a lack of ability to be pleased.-Jon

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Guest LSflyguy

I just finished downloading two copies (since I have two LEGAL versions of FSX on two separate computers) and I got a consistent 90 kbps each time. So who's next in line? ;) THANKS FOR THE BIRTHDAY PRESENT, PHIL TAYLOR!!!

Guest Challenger604

I'm getting 804kbps right now. Seems super quick to me.

Okay, I'll bite. I did just that, and my performance across the board is much improved. I'm finally able to crank in some autogen (to "normal"), put in some AI traffic (50%) and still average smooth frame rates in the mid to high 20's. I couldn't do that before. So from here, looks like they did a pretty good job.

Guest ToMy Li

Im very UNSATISFIED...Just installed the Service Pack 1 for FSX, I am getting about 12 frames, it's really poor.My System:Intel Core2 Quad QX6800 Extreme 2,93 8Mb Cache L2ASUS STIKER EXTREME (BIOS 1102v)4Gb DDR2 Corsair 800 MhzXFX 8800 GTX (two connected via SLI) -Latest NVIDIA FORCEWARE-TAGAN 1.100W750 Gb SEAGATE HDD 7200 RPM 16 Mb cacheCREATIVE Sound Blaster XFI Extreme Gamer ProfessionalWindows Vista Ultimate 64 Bits BoxedWhere are the 20% more?My copy of FSX to the bin, long life to the FS2004.

Guest LSflyguy

Even pre-SP1, there's no reason why you should be averaging 12fps. I suppose user error is completely out of the question???

Guest ToMy Li

I am going to skip all these threads, happy flights guys!