Sign in to follow this  
seamaster55

AH Cessna -140 Pilots disappearing!?

20 hours ago, Rogen said:

Still not as bad as this plane, most of the interior view is missing, happens to be one of the Ctrl-Ezy ones, definately won't be installing any of those again.

Pity... it was interesting till I looked around the VC.

Well, I agree it's not cool, but I believe that (partial VC) was as-advertized for some of the Ctrl-Ezy aircraft.

For example they straight-out stated that the Pucara VC was like that.  Can't remember the others.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Folks,

Yes I understand wanting a fix for the disapearing pilots on takeoff.

However the intital shot was just a hack to see if there was a way around the prob, and what I did just forced the pilots on full time with no regard to what the code was actually doing, at the time I was hoping a small piece of custom gauge code could be used to bypass the issue without needing to delve into the model, not the case though I'm afraid.

That said today I took another look at it and found the actual problem, and I thank @seamaster55 who mentioned the float plane not having the issue that helped point in the right direction.

The problem is that the pilots have been assigned to an incorrect visibiltiy function in the exterior model.

They should be assigned to the vis function of "custom_vis_switch_pilot_removal_06", however they are actually assigned to "custom_vis_SIM_on_GROUND_00".

So to resolve, the pilots need to be reassigned to their correct visability function.

Easier said than done though as the pilots are actually in many pieces, e.g. hands, feet, legs, torso, head, clothes, seat belts, and left and right sides etc. and they are mixed in with things that are correctly assigned to "custom_vis_SIM_on_GROUND_00".

I'll look into doing it but may take a couple of weeks as I've other things going on outside of flight simming.

Otherwise anyone can take a look themselves, the P3D SDK, ModelConverterX and NotePad++ are all the tools I used myself.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
link
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

On 2/9/2022 at 3:31 PM, Mace said:

Well, I agree it's not cool, but I believe that (partial VC) was as-advertized for some of the Ctrl-Ezy aircraft.

For example they straight-out stated that the Pucara VC was like that.  Can't remember the others.

Yes that maybe, however the result is less than aesthetic.

Looks more like a dev left towards the end of the project and Ctrl-Ezy was a brand name assigned to the not quite completed aircraft to salvage at least some of the project.

Don't know how well it did in sales at the time, but can you imagine the plebs uproar if such an aircraft was sold for MSFS 🙂

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

Sort of on another topic, but still with Aeroplane Heaven aircraft, some of their aircraft won't show in Orbx Central if you have p3d selected at the top of its window, I didn't realise that some, like the C-119 would only appear in FSX, kept waiting for Orbx to release the C-119 Boxcar, then found out you had to have FSX installed and then that selected at the top of the Orbx Central window to be able to download FSX compatible aircraft.

But p3d v5 is pretty nice visually now against FSX, especially with Rex SkyForce textures....being a bit long winded aren't I?

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I've transferred the Orbx aircraft from FSX SE to p3dv5, and they work - for a bit, but the problem there seems to be with these AH aircraft causing CTDs is that it seems to often be lowering the textures in the p3d graphics settings down to 1024x1024, and then they seem ok. (I think - still needs more experimentation)

The following aircraft are the ones I transferred over, and everything visual looked ok on em:  C-119 Boxcar, Bristol Bulldog, Heinkel 111, Grumman F3F-2.

There were also some 'AH' named effects files in the FSX Effects folder that needed transferring over as well.

Also, didn't like the finicky autopilot in the C-119, so made the old FSX radio stack with the autopilot in it appear in that plane, by installing the Rikooo Grumman Mallard, which has that radio stack in it. (none of the default p3d aircraft have that)

Its a lot more straightforward to fly now.😊

44 minutes ago, seamaster55 said:

Sort of on another topic, but still with Aeroplane Heaven aircraft, some of their aircraft won't show in Orbx Central if you have p3d selected at the top of its window

I have P3Dv4 and the following are showing up.

• B-17 Flying Fortress              (I have the A2A version and looking forward to compare)
  • C-119 Fairchild
  • C-47 Skytrain                         (have Manfred Jan's PBR release, will be interesting to see the differences (besides PBR)).
  • Cessna 140 (PBR)                 (great little plane)
  • DC-3 Dakota
  • Grumman F3F-2
  • HE-111 P2 Heinkel (PBR)
  • IA-58 Pucara (PBR)                  (Has a VC panel only, no actual VC).
  • MK1 Hawker Hurricane (PBR)
  • MK1B Wawker Typhoon
  • MS893 Socata RallyE
  • P2010 Tecnam
  • SB2C Helldiver
  • T-39 North American Rockwell Sabreliner
  • Z-50 Zlin

They probably all work in P3Dv5 but haven't been actually built or confirmed for P3Dv5 and so don't show up.

Cheers

Yeah, I've got p3dv5.3.

Found that the default Grumman Goose, and DH Beaver from FSX SE works fine in p3dv5, if you copy & paste it in, after removing the ai versions of those planes from the p3d aircraft folder first.

Thought that was interesting, because those two were/are really nice looking models.😉

21 hours ago, seamaster55 said:

Found that the default Grumman Goose, and DH Beaver from FSX SE works fine in p3dv5

Yes I cerainly agree, I've installed the OZx Grumman Goose and the DH Beaver is also great.

And I'm nearly there for the C140 with the fixes for the disappearing pilots, just testing out to be sure I don't see anything else, the goal being to do just the minimal to help avoid causing issues.

One thing I don't see is the option to remove the wheel spats as per the manual, there is just no click spot to do so, at least none that I can find, maybe there was a mistake during a development update that caused the pilots issue and loss of wheel spats click spots...

Anyway, on the Grumman Goose OZx, I changed the GPS, modified and added selected sounds, replaced the lighting with shockwave, and replaced the water FX with McCoy's own brand.

It's a plane like a caravan (as towed behind a car) because you can put it down practically anywhere and camp for the night, great for cross county.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

The DH Beaver (migrated from FSX-SE)

And the 140, quite enjoying this little plane while I test the pilot's mods..

Yep dropped a new GPS into it. I do have the GTN 650 and 750, however they seem like overkill for this little plane so GPS 2020 v12.4 is slammed in.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling
  • Like 1

Hey Folks,

For those interested I've finished my testing of the fix for the disappearing pilots on takeoff (wheeled version of C140).

The fix can be downloaded from here.

Cheers

Some Pics

• Like 3

Thanks!

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else