Sign in to follow this  
Espana Pete

Next step up from CJ4?

At my age I am not a very fast learner and have taken a year to get from complete novice to being able to get the CJ4 from Heathrow to New York reasonably easily, so I am looking for advice on the next step up from the CJ4 into a larger aircraft. 

I have "played around" with a few of the larger beasts and there seems to me to be quite a jump up in the learning curve now when I would prefer to take it in simple steps up. Can those with more knowledge than I suggest the easiest challenge up from a CJ4 please?

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

What I'd like to know is how you get your CJ4 from Heathrow to JFK. That'll end with a splash in the Atlantic a few hundred NM east of Newfoundland.

To your question, I guess the Citation Longitude would be the next step up.

• Like 1

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

Did you use the stock Cj4 or the WT CJ4? If you only used the Stock CJ4, then back to school.

Master the WT CJ4, then step up to the A32nx or CRJ (which uses similar avionics to the CJ4)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

What I'd like to know is how you get your CJ4 from Heathrow to JFK. That'll end with a splash in the Atlantic a few hundred NM east of Newfoundland.

Maybe he did a couple of stopovers, St Johns, Reykjavik, ?Glasgow

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Maybe he did a couple of stopovers, St Johns, Reykjavik, ?Glasgow

That's a good point.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

2 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

The only assistance cheats I use are unlimited fuel and assisted ATC :-) will take a look at the Longitude  shortly.

Edited by Espana Pete

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

1 hour ago, a321 said:

Did you use the stock Cj4 or the WT CJ4? If you only used the Stock CJ4, then back to school.

Master the WT CJ4, then step up to the A32nx or CRJ (which uses similar avionics to the CJ4)

I have never touched the stock version, always WT from the start. I bought the Aerosoft 550/700 and played around with it but was hoping to master a plane in between first.

Well, if you are talking about "difficulty" I'd say the next step up would be the FBW A320, because that is - with it modern cockpit concept and automation of many things - quite a bit easier than the CRJ. You don't even have VNAV in the CRJ (if that constitutes a difficulty for you).
There is not much else, to be honest.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well, if you are talking about "difficulty" I'd say the next step up would be the FBW A320, because that is - with it modern cockpit concept and automation of many things - quite a bit easier than the CRJ. You don't even have VNAV in the CRJ (if that constitutes a difficulty for you).
There is not much else, to be honest.

I will  take another look at the FBW A320. I just tried the stock Longitude and it felt a bit mickey mouse to me, not that I pretend to be an expert by a long shot. I do not really understand why there is such a shortage of business jets, I know the Honda is/might be on its way but there are plenty more I would have thought worth developing?

40 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You don't even have VNAV in the CRJ

Sure you do. It's an available option turned on or off from the CRJ's tablet.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Just now, Twenty6 said:

Sure you do. It's an available option turned on or off from the CRJ's tablet.

But only for the -1000, isn't it? At least that's how it is in real life.

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

But only for the -1000, isn't it? At least that's how it is in real life.

The 550+ 700 had it before the 900 + 1000 were released. Believe it is an Aerosoft included option. I don't know from Adam about the real CRJs though.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

14 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

but there are plenty more I would have thought worth developing

Developing takes time. 😉 It took FSX quite a few years before there were some really good (often called study level) aircraft for it. MSFS is just 1 1/2 years old...! Give it some time (like in years)!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

For me, the next logical aircraft to learn after the CJ4 was the Aerosoft CRJ.

The CRJ is right up there with the DC6 at the top of the food chain currently. I would really like to see a king air 350 to the quality of Airfoil labs brought to msfs. It is an excellent king air. (former king air pilot).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1