Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Pop out window performance

Hi all

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed with su8,I still see large frame loss when popping out instruments or opening windows from the top ribbon

Thanks

Wayne

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Partially fixed. Seb explained in the last Q&A that the issue is fixed on certain systems only, on others (including his) it's still there...

Edit: There's a transcript of the Q&A available:

Community question – Can we talk about the performance decrease whenever you have pop-up panels activated? https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-january-26th-2022/495125 

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Ok thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

Hi all

Wasn't this supposed to be fixed with su8,I still see large frame loss when popping out instruments or opening windows from the top ribbon

Thanks

Wayne

If you use multiple screens try to connect the extra screens to your onboard GPU, and your main MSFS screen to your dedicated.

I have two screens on my onboard intel 8700K CPU for PFD etc. and my main screen is on the RTX3060

• Like 1

G-sync/V-sync interferes with it in DX11. DX12 there is no popout window penalty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pstrub said:

Partially fixed. Seb explained in the last Q&A that the issue is fixed on certain systems only, on others (including his) it's still there...

Edit: There's a transcript of the Q&A available:

Community question – Can we talk about the performance decrease whenever you have pop-up panels activated? https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-dev-q-a-january-26th-2022/495125 

Actually wouldn't even say it's partially fix.  It's actually worse.  I am getting severe stuttering with pop outs if I use my main GPU (despite FPS over 40).  I don't get this when pop outs use my secondary GPU.  While I dealt with performance issues before the update, I never had the severe stuttering and could use my 530 bezel (connected to my main GPU) with very little issues.  Now, I am unable to until this is addressed. 

58 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

G-sync/V-sync interferes with it in DX11. DX12 there is no popout window penalty. 

Thanks for that tip, will try it later today!

• Like 1

I don't know why, but popping-out windows is a no-go for my setup.

I have tried holding down ALT-R but just don't get the magnifier glass when moving the cursor over the glass displays in the CRJ or the A321Neo as many have said they can. I know I cleared the default keyboard mapping long ago, perhaps something needs to be in there but don't see any entries to assign for pop-out windows etc.

I am using a three monitor Nvidia surround window arrangement in full screen if that makes a difference, although I switched to windowed mode with no change.

I've tried the right of the spacebar ALT key and I've tried the left side ALT key for grins even though documentation says the right one should work.

I tried that pop-out manager program, and it also is unable to pop out the windows, says something like "error- can't pop out the windows" yes lol I know 😄

Any other magic to try?

On 3/2/2022 at 10:51 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Yes, it has better framerates with dx12 but then I get constantly crashes to desktop when using this feature, so not better 😞 

hoping for su10

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bam2000 said:

Yes, it has better framerates with dx12 but then I get constantly crashes to desktop when using this feature, so not better 😞 

hoping for su10

Likewise