Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Kodiak Update

Thanks for the heads up Glenn. I'll take it up at that price!

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

9 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Ryan (MissionaryBushPilot on YouTube) has his Kodiak training course on special at present for $25 .

For $25 the Ryan course is great value. It also includes a few documents with the videos like various checklists, map of PNG and a Take-off Chart.

My impression is all the proceeds from Ryan’s web stuff go directly to helping out remote PNG villages.

I'm seing it at 49$ only 9 hours after your post. What gives?

On 3/6/2022 at 12:24 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Indeed.

The quote seems to be specifically about the float version.  They have decided to move on and work on the FM and other features of the float version and given up trying to perfect the landing with floats issue as the bouncing is unavoidable in the current sim.

Does that mean they will release the float version broken and bouncy once the rest is done? Maybe but probably not.

It is worth noting that the sim has serious issues with all float planes. They all pretty much take-off and land like on a runway.  Among other things real life float planes "step up" and hydroplane for a while before rotating. MSFS aircraft just rotate.

Looking Glass Studios had decent floatplane physics in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 over twenty years ago, and I have not seen anything better since. How come developers in 2022 find it so difficult?

• Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Looking Glass Studios had decent floatplane physics in Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 over twenty years ago, and I have not seen anything better since. How come developers in 2022 find it so difficult?

So true Christopher... I miss FU2/3 a LOT, updated to nowadays standards...

Wonder if Peter James is still among the sim user community these days ?

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

2 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

I'm seing it at 49$ only 9 hours after your post. What gives?

Click on this link 

https://kodiak-training.teachable.com/p/kodiak-simulator-training?coupon_code=HALFOFF

The page displayed  will show $49 but when you click on enrol it should show the discounted $25 price.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday at 8:03 AM

After what Wing42 did, we will provide oars and a fishing rod.

unknown.png

Edited by Waldo Pepper