Sign in to follow this  
RXP

PSA: OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1) is now live!

Hi, in case you've missed today's news:

We're proud to announce the official OpenXR Toolkit B3 (1.0.1) is now live!

In this version, we're introducing lots of brand new performance and quality of life features which we hope will take your VR experience to the next step. We're also improving upon the features you're already loving. We thank you all for your invaluable feedback and support! Here is a summary of the changes in Beta 3:

All the details and more here!

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

• Like 15

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Render Scaling In Game & OpenXR = 100%

OpenXR Toolkit Settings:

Rendering = FSR @ 60%
Sharpness 10%
mip-map = conservative
locked motion reprojection = unlocked
FFR - Preset, Quality, Balanced
Brightness = 50
Contrast = 50.2 (improves the blacks in the G2 nicely, anything higher and it’s too much in the cockpit, not flown at night yet)
Saturation = Global
Adjustment = 60% (give the world a more lifelike/vibrant colour)
World Scale = 115%
FOV = 92%

Conclusion; Well the Benchmarks speak for themselves really, the extra performance from this (simply amazing) Toolkit is astounding for me and my System (i9-9900k, 2070SUPER, 32gb RAM, Reverb G2). I’ve still got a bit of tinkering to do with this and then the in game graphical options, but for now here are the results…enjoy!

(Top result includes FFR turned ON, middle result is to show a comparison with it OFF)
ea1ce830aad22c630fae97c4a747db01481e1898

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

This is massive news for G2 owners. I’ve had a bit of a play, and the results are incredibly positive. One slight issue, is that when I return to the main menus, the text towards the outer sides remains very blocky, even when I turn towards it. It’s like it’s been photographed with Foveated Rendering running, but is now frozen in time, if that makes any sense.

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

2 minutes ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

This is massive news for G2 owners. I’ve had a bit of a play, and the results are incredibly positive. One slight issue, is that when I return to the main menus, the text towards the outer sides remains very blocky, even when I turn towards it. It’s like it’s been photographed with Foveated Rendering running, but is now frozen in time, if that makes any sense.

That's weird I didn't notice the same, although I only look at the Menu screens when in flight as I do the initial loading/flight planning in 2D. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if it happens to me as well though.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

16 minutes ago, MarcG said:

That's weird I didn't notice the same, although I only look at the Menu screens when in flight as I do the initial loading/flight planning in 2D. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if it happens to me as well though.

It’s probably yet another quirk of my system, lol. I’ll see if it persists any. 

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

@Bilbosmeggins Thank you for your kind words!

What you're seeing is typically what is happening if you select "CULL" for the outermost ring. What it does is that it simply tells FS2020 to not render any pixel there, and therefore, the remnants of the previous images are still showing because they are never cleared!

• Like 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

9 minutes ago, RXP said:

What you're seeing is typically what is happening if you select "CULL" for the outermost ring. What it does is that it simply tells FS2020 to not render any pixel there, and therefore, the remnants of the previous images are still showing because they are never cleared!

Oh, thanks for explanation. That makes sense. I’ll fire it up again later, and have a play with the settings.  Much appreciated 🙂

• Like 2

My apologies in advance for what is likely a naive question, but does this work with P3D?

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

@alepro21

This is a very good question in fact and I admit I don't know whether P3D is using OpenXR or not... I feel embarrassed not knowing, but if P3D is using OpenXR (and not Steam OpenVR) then there is no particular reason this wouldn't work!

Update: I don't believe P3D is using OpenXR at all, so most likely it won't do anything. Maybe they'll support this API for P3D6 because it is starting to get broader adoption. I also hope X-Plane 12 will support OpenXR too.

Edited by RXP
  • Like 1

I gave this a go with my G2 and the performance bump is great!

I am getting a weird anomaly in the far left/right of my view. Occasionally I see a very thin, black horizontal line at the very edge of my sight. Is there a setting that will help with this?

I think turning off light shafts eradicates it, so I’ve read….

• Like 1

For Occlus Quest 2 owners, should we be using the (default) occulus api or switching the default to openxr runtime?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

For all these question it is best to start with the documentation and the FAQ online:

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/

You'll also find a link to the OXR-TK Discord Channels where you'll be able to exchange with other users and share your configuration settings and tips more easily!

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2022 at 5:52 PM, RXP said:

I took on board what you said about not using Cull for the outer ring, so double-checked my settings. It wasn’t set to Cull, and nor is it now, but the problem persists. On the whole, it doesn’t cause too many issues, as I already know what most of the menu texts say.  But it can, occasionally, be a tad  problematic when I can’t read the text, nor guess. 

Having said all of that, my actual in-game experience is much, much better now, so I’ll just have to live with the above as a necessary evil. Thank you very much for all of the blood, sweat and tears that you have poured into this little miracle of an app. Much appreciated 🙂

• Like 2