Sign in to follow this  
Guest MauiHawk

Coming soon autogen a thing of the past?

Forget Ultimate Terrain, Birdseye View, Microsoft is involved in "Live Earth". http://local.live.com/You can see how photreal scenery is used around the LA area, if your sliders are far enough to the right, and how nice it looks. In the very near future I see us flying over the real earth using live streaming.

\Robert Hamlich/

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>>Yeah it's called Tile Proxy....and it's been out for a>while>>>>http://sourceforge.net/projects/tileproxy/>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=284>>>>>>Tileproxy is a nice addition but this is different.Can you elaborate? All I see is VE on the link you provided! TileProxy can use both GE and VE but in my opinion GE textures are more detailed.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest BOPrey

I like GE textures better. Hope they come out with a FSX version soon.

Guest MauiHawk

>I like GE textures better. Hope they come out with a FSX>version soon.Huh? I haven't tried TileProxy myself, but isn't it FSX only?

Guest spiffyscimitar

Personally, I think the accurate rendering of buildings in Live Earth is just as important as the satellite images. Looking at san francisco, the buildings look just like they really do (which is definately better than GE's blocky untextured buildings--look at the TransAmerica tower for example.) This to me is the future, where most buildings are not autogen but accurate (or at least borrowing of actual achitectural samples) to each city.

>Personally, I think the accurate rendering of buildings in>Live Earth is just as important as the satellite images.>Looking at san francisco, the buildings look just like they>really do (which is definately better than GE's blocky>untextured buildings--look at the TransAmerica tower for>example.) This to me is the future, where most buildings are>not autogen but accurate (or at least borrowing of actual>achitectural samples) to each city.Yes, check out Las Vegas and all of the 3D buildings with Virtual Earth. It will be like flying over FlightScenery's Portland, if they can get the vehicles moving along. :D L.Adamson edit: P.S., I liked the summer time mountain textures around KSLC. Very clear, and it will take a higher resolution sim such as FSX to display them! :-hah Or can the FlightScenery people redo them all for FS9? ....

umm MSFT is working on 7cm per pixel imagery for a lot of the coverage described as well as doing the 3d buildings based on obliques... of course i can't confirm this as this comes from geospatial sources but that is what i've heard from an geospatial company.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

While nice for some places most areas of the world are still very low-res, at least in VE/GE. Just compare London with Amsterdam, Berlin or Stockholm.There most definitely exist far better sources, at least here in Sweden where I live, so one can hope that the best sources, i.e. a mix of aerial and satellite photos, will be used.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

>I like GE textures better. Hope they come out with a FSX>version soon.GE = G00gle Earth in this example, not "Ground Environment".GE (Ground Environment) is FS9 only, GE (G00gle Earth w/ TileProxy) is FSX only. :) Ground Environment is the set of replacement textures for FS9 which can be created synthetically with different color and brightness values to aid in accurately depicting cloud and overcast conditions on the ground. Tileproxy can use G00gle tiles and MS's Virtual Earth tiles to create ground textures directly from photoreal sources. I sensed a little mismatched abbreviations here, so I wanted to chime in. -GG (greg germ)

>Forget Ultimate Terrain, Birdseye View, Microsoft is involved>in "Live Earth". http://local.live.com/>>You can see how photreal scenery is used around the LA area,>if your sliders are far enough to the right, and how nice it>looks. In the very near future I see us flying over the real>earth using live streaming. Yep thats how a sim should look but still no world wide coverage lol and quality :-)Andr

André

Guest Shocky

Checked it out, looks great for some cities :-), I also checked Amsterdam.. and well nothing to write home about.. Google Earth is way better for this area.But this certainly would be awesome with Worldwide coverage :D :-waveshocky :-hahhttp://img7.exs.cx/img7/5379/Banner21.jpg

Guest BOPrey

Oops. I though he was talking about Ground Environment. I have Ground E for FS9 and I hope they make one for FSX soon.

Guest EDDHflyer

Hello,Im reading with a great interest all the posts here but I have a question that might be stupid to most of you. I agree that in cruising level the GE or the Tileproxy looks awesome but when decending for landing, the world looks totally flat and of course that doesnt look realistic. Please correct me if im wrong on that or if i miss something here.Panos