Sign in to follow this  
brucets

Does MSFS 2020 Look This Good?

ryanbatc

I always read you posts. I see you are now in MSP. I assume you are ATC like you were in Duluth?

Bdub22 -

I'm in PHX. The chemo I'm having is called Immunotherapy. I've had 3 bouts of Melanoma and my Oncologist thought this would help stave off further incidents. Had my 14th session yesterday with 4 to go (every 3 weeks). It's really been a non-event I feel fine after each session.

I will start off with the vanilla sim. I have to have the Bredok 738 though. I need an easy to fly 738. I'll see what my favorite domestic and Caribbean airports look like before buying any. Thanks!

SuperKaro2014 -

As I mentioned above the chemo is really a non-event- luckily!

Thanks for the offer to help. I will certainly need it!

Noel -

I certainly will contact you if I get up there! Thanks for the offer! Yes, FSX was a nightmare to deal with. Luckily there were so many really smart people like Nick N. To figure it out!

I just did a search for Paradise, CA. Many articles and pic. Terrible! Sorry you had to leave.

I'll see if I can find Park Meadow's Condos close to Simms.

Bruce

• Like 1

OK, I'm sold! Nice vids! Looks pretty real to me! TNX!

Bruce

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brucets said:

OK, I'm sold! Nice vids! Looks pretty real to me! TNX!

Bruce

Bruce I remember you from a long time ago, probably here.  Good to post with you again!

I think MSFS requires the least thinking/setup of any sim I've ever used, except maybe something like SubLogic FS2 where you just put in the disk and started up.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi Mace! I read all your posts throughout the FSX era and yes, we did correspond a couple times. Always enjoyed your posts. You were one of the really smart guys, along with Nick N, Martin W and Hasse and many others, that figured out how to make FSX work! You seemed to have taken time off from the forums, but now I see your occasional posts again! 👍

I will definitely buy MSFS2020 one of these days. Before I do, I will post a list of questions, if I can't find the answers with a thorough search!

Good to hear from you!

Bruce

• Like 1

@Pepsimachine - oooh yeah! Did the Tour of the Hawaiian Archipelago in the FlyingIron Spitfire not long ago. Yours is the P51?

The sound of those engines 😍 Every time I fire up the Merlin I smile to myself!

Edited by SuperKaro2014
  • Like 1

MSFS never ceases to amaze me with the visuals and wow moments!😍

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 4/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, andyjohnston.net said:

Have you tried Lukla or Gibraltar?

Yes, Lukla is also of the same top quality as Courcheva. It's on the grand side, while Courcheva is more elegant and balanced. 

Gilbraltar is another story. It looks good from a distance. Upon approaching, the 3D model of the cliff does not blend very well with the surroundings.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, kenny584 said:

A few weeks back my flying buddy and I landed at an airport in Italy. He asked if it was possible to have a look around from outside. I showed him the Developer Camera and we promptly went outside for a look around. This was at night and as I panned around and looked at the night sky I was astonished to see the constellation of Orion displayed overhead. I had a closer look and then found the Pleiades also. It is amazing to see such a level of detail in a sim.

Cheers...Kenny.

Speaking of level of detail..... check out a historical date to witness a solar eclipse !

Many good things to say about this sim when it comes to some of these things. Everything seems to be correct. In Australia the moon is indeed upside down and the sun/moon peaks in the North, as it should.

And yet, the night sky shows too many stars of low magnitude but forgets to show the Andromeda galaxy to the naked eye. It shows the milky way in full glory against a dark sky when the moon is full. That's not realistic. It will already show stars in the sky when the sun has not even set yet.

Edited by avhpilot

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable