Sign in to follow this  
ADFGVX

RXP GTN 750 not working in P3D v5.3

I recently updated the sim to version 5.3. All of my A2A GA aircraft have the GTN 750 equipped, and it worked perfectly fine in 5.2. Today I decided to take out the A2A Bonanaza out for a quick cruise, for the first time in 5.3. But unfortunately I had to find out that the GTN did power up as it should and load the FPLN correctly, however the aircraft does not follow the fligthpath.  The AP of the Bonanza seems to work in general, meaning it can be switched on and all other modes esxcept NAV are followed correctly by the aircraft. 

@ADFGVX

Hi, you might want to read the content of the RXP log files (see RXP User's Manual for file/path).

I'd bet you're not using the latest RXP GTN version and therefore you're not using a version which is compatible with P3D v5.3...

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Here's the gau.log,it says AP not supported:

22/04/23 15:58:14.151 06044 -         ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.28.9
22/04/23 15:58:14.151 06044 INFO ] 
22/04/23 15:58:17.010 06044 WARN ] Autopilot not supported on this platform (vers: 5.3.17.28160)

I just encountered a strange but decisive problem: I tried updating to Ver 2.5.29.0 but looking in the log during flight (beacuase the AP was not working) it stated I still had Ver 2.5.28.9

What method did you use to update?  I have 2.5.29.0 installed in my P3D version 5.3.17.28160 and all is working well.

Edited by lownslo
correct P3D version

I used the GTN FltSim.exe, which atomatically recognized there's a new installer, the process went well it seemed, but apparently the update was not properly installed. I tried it three times.

Another method is the Start Menu.  Click the Windows Start Menu open, scroll down to "RealityXP", click to open, then click on "Garmin GTN 750 650 (FltSim)".  Once the "Software Update" box opens on your screen follow the prompts.  Quick and easy!

HTH

Edited by lownslo