Sign in to follow this  
jarmstro

Virtualcol Embaer 170/175/190/195

@Chock Have you yet come across a E-Jet E2/2nd generation at work (I know there are not many out there yet, 52 according to wikipedia, but maybe you came across a KLM one or a Helvetic one?)? If so, have they learned from their mistakes from last gen?

As a tall folk, I always enjoyed riding on Air Canada's E190s. That being said, I certainly enjoy even more their new A220s, it's just a very nice aircraft (from a passenger's perspective).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

@Chock Have you yet come across a E-Jet E2/2nd generation at work (I know there are not many out there yet, 52 according to wikipedia, but maybe you came across a KLM one or a Helvetic one?)? If so, have they learned from their mistakes from last gen?

Nope, I've only worked on old FlyBe ones and the current (also old varient) ones which BA and Aurigny operate. The Aurigny one flies between Manchester and Guernsey, the BA ones fly between Manchester and either London City, or Chambery. Allegedly there is a move to have some of these Embraers converted to cargo aeroplanes, dues to start happening in a couple of years. Can't happen soon enough for me.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The E190 is a fantastic aircraft to fly almost like a mini dreamliner :-), biggest problem with it is the poor capacity in the holds. For regional operations it beats the Q400 any day. 

12 hours ago, Chock said:

Not being like the real thing would be a bonus; I don't know anyone who works on those things who doesn't hate everything about them. 🤣

It isn't that bad haha. I have come to like it. Only thing I hate is not being able to reset the 'Stall Protect Ice speeds' after flying for three hours after an icing encounter!

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'm not Chock but I have worked on the E190 E2. It looks absolutely beautiful, from the cockpit/cabin to the new wings and engines and even the landing gear looks very aesthetic for some reason, lol. Also it's quieter, obviously.

But it terms of cargo loading/unloading it's the same old, weird cargo door mechanism, back pain and constant head bumping included. Although it didn't have carpets (what are those for even), so that's a plus compared to the previous generation.

8 hours ago, Chock said:

The cargo nets are annoying too.

On the E2, I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to close the net at the aft cargo door after unloading. Even the chart on the compartment wall showing the net arrangement didn't help, way too complicated. 🤣

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Chock said:

Allegedly there is a move to have some of these Embraers converted to cargo aeroplanes, dues to start happening in a couple of years. 

Cargo E-jet?  Whoa!  Could that thing fit LD-1 cargo containers in its upper fuselage? 

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Here are some pics of Aurigny's Embraer 195 (G-NSEY) which I took today:

Here I am stood on the belt loader at the front cargo door. The metal lug/handle in the middle of the picture is the thing you turn to lock/unlock the door prop mechanism:

OXEAZcp.jpg

You operate that with this stowable handle which is kept in the black tube thing you can see on the floor of the cargo hold on the starboard side:

dcAJpGu.jpg

This is one of the several annoying cargo nets which are really tight to fasten up:

Oc28isD.jpg

This is the view from the forward cargo door into the forward hold. As you can see it's not very tall and that metal cage over the fire protection system outlet is designed to smack your head. The black chevrons are the upper load height limit marker - you don't stack bags or cargo any higher than this mark to allow the fire suppressant to circulate above the cargo if the fire extinguisher system is operated:

5IxxnhL.jpg

Just in case that metal cage fails to give you a head injury, there's another one here:

hmt86W4.jpg

Another unusual thing about the E-195 is that it doesn't have a bypass pin to disengage the steering hydraulics for pushbacks; instead there is a guarded switch located in the little hatch where you plug the headset in, you flip this switch to deactivate the steering hydraulics so the nose wheel will free castor during pushback, then you switch it back when you disconnect everything after pushback so the steering will then be operational from the cockpit. This is different from most jet airliners, where a pin with a prominent remove before flight streamer is used to hold back a spring-loaded switch on the nose gear which bypasses the hydraulics of the steering. That's the thing you see the headset person holding up when they give the crew the wave off. One of these things:

dbaACe6.jpg

The fat one is for the Boeing 737 family, the thinner one is for narrow body Airbuses.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Late to the party, but thank you Chock for the detailed analysis of working with E-Jets up close with accompanying photos.  I am working for Swissport for a few weeks (teacher's summer break) and every morning we position, load, and push back an AeroMexico E190.  I haven't had the opportunity to open the cargo door yet, but fortunately the cargo bay is NOT carpeted (or had its carpet removed?).  The E-Jets are probably my favorite aircraft to sim.  As a P3D v.5 and MSFS user, like some of the posters here, I dream of a much better simulation of the series in post-FSX sims.  For now Virtualcol's offerings will have to do.

• Upvote 1

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors