Sign in to follow this  
Waldo Pepper

SouthOak Co: Birds Europe West

FS Birds Europe West Features:

-Bird coverage for the entire area of the France, Spain, Portugal, Gibraltar, Channel Islands, Monaco, Andorra, Azores, and Canary Islands

-Multiple types of birds including pigeons, buzzards, eagles, gulls, and geese

-All birds are fully animated

-Flying birds range in altitudes from the surface up to 11,000 ft with random flight tracks

-Ground birds at all major international airports

-Flying bird animations include soaring raptors, circling gulls, formation geese, random pigeon flights, and soaring eagles

-LOD optimization results in a minimal impact on simulator frame rates

To view complete bird placement location KML files, CLICK HERE

WbDFMgfyMUG-OaUnFOJxrGk0vEC51EO8cHDP0Vl9

https://www.southoakco.com/fs-birds/europe-west

https://store.flightsim.com/product/south-oak-co-fs-birds-europe-west-for-msfs/

https://secure.simmarket.com/south-oak-co-fs-birds-europe-west-msfs-(fr_16486).phtml

I'm sure it will be available in the marketplace soon as well,  because the other regions are.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

Do they get splattered on the windsreen or sucked into the engine.... Pan, Pan Pan.... and all that for realisam.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Does this work with FranceVfr scenery?

Seriously Nord Ouest (Normandy and surroundings) is my favorite scenery and some seabirds would really jazz it up. And pigeons at the D-Day memorials...

I can't answer your question directly,   but I can say that I have FSDT's Key West and birds appear there both on the tarmac and in the air despite it being a payware airport.   I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I’ve had their other products working just fine at all kinds of payware airports.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm not seeing much for England, or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, Paulcoy said:

I'm not seeing much for England, or am I missing something?

https://www.southoakco.com/fs-birds/british-isles

FS Birds British Isles Features:

-Bird coverage for the entire area of the British Isles (England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland)

-Multiple types of birds including pigeons, buzzards, eagles, gulls, and geese

-All birds are fully animated

-Flying birds range in altitudes from the surface up to 11,000 ft with random flight tracks

-Ground birds at all major international airports

-Flying bird animations include soaring raptors, circling gulls, formation geese, random pigeon flights, and soaring eagles

-LOD optimization results in a minimal impact on simulator frame rates

To view complete bird placement location KML files, CLICK HERE

edit:

Cliffs of Dover would be cool as hell with shore birds.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

Got all of these, and really like 'em. Nothing big and flashy, but when you realise you've just spotted a flock of something when you're at an airport or just cruising around at a few hundred feet it really strikes home how much they add.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Got all of these, and really like 'em. Nothing big and flashy, but when you realise you've just spotted a flock of something when you're at an airport or just cruising around at a few hundred feet it really strikes home how much they add.

Agreed, the "density" of birds is well done in my opinion.  Not overdone (you won't necessarily see them every flight) but it seems to be done at a plausible level.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Are they decent enough in VR? By that I mean the LODs mainly, do they "pop in" extremely close or are the visible in the distance?

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The whole "Birds" series is one of the best addons for MSFS in terms of immersion, IMO.
Additionally, the developer is very friendly and reactive.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.