Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Just upgraded from 1080 to to 3080ti,wow

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Why are you just repeating what I say? You have your opinion that locked 30 is good for you. Fantastic and good for you, I’m happy for you. However it’s not a solution for everybody, as I mentioned. There is one other person in the thread that doesn’t like locked 30 and I am sure there are probably lots more too. 

There is a very big ‘pull the ladder up’ mentality here in avsim sometimes. 
“it’s fine for me”, “‘Mines fine” etc etc good for you. 

What is the difference between your right to tell me that this is not the solution for everyone and my right to tell you that yours is not the solution for everyone either

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I would hardly say that was smooth too, judging by all the dips on your frame counter, looks like a lot of messed up frame pacing to me. 

You don't even have better. 

I'm waiting for your incredible smooth video experience in your context

In my case I am very satisfied.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

25 minutes ago, filou said:

What is the difference between your right to tell me that this is not the solution for everyone and my right to tell you that yours is not the solution for everyone either

I never said mine was the solution, you did….. I merely expressed and opinion. You however stated that you had a solution, whereas you don’t, you simply have an opinion, like me .

18 minutes ago, filou said:

You don't even have better. 

I'm waiting for your incredible smooth video experience in your context

In my case I am very satisfied.

I never said I had better?

why would I make a video? I never said I had an incredible smooth experience? 

if you’re happy, then brilliant. 

22 hours ago, GCBraun said:

With the ASOBO EGLL on 4K with almost everything on ultra + AI Traffic, I get around 30fps:

On cruise, 50-60fps. That is with a heavily undervolted GPU.

Can’t wait to try DLSS with MSFS. Great times!

Very similar results with a 12900kf. 4K HDR (this is why the pic looks washed out) everything maxed in game (no dof, motion blur).
52059236121_c96336100b_k.jpg

I am just glad we have so many graphical options such as turning vsync on or off. I do feel that looking out the window at 30 fps below 3000 ft is very smooth for me. When vsync is off or set to 60 the fps jump around too much and does not feel smooth (at least to me). I like the consistent fps, wish I could hold 60 everywhere but that is not going to happen. I would rather have the eye candy then the slight increase in smoothness that higher fps would bring.

• Like 1

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I never said I had better?

why would I make a video? I never said I had an incredible smooth experience? 

if you’re happy, then brilliant. 

Why are you even reacting?

If I want 30 FPS I’ll open PowerPoint…..

If he’s happy with 30, 20, 10 FPS so be it. He tries to convince everyone in all these threads. Just ignore it. 

Edited by MySound
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MySound said:

Why are you even reacting?

If I want 30 FPS I’ll open PowerPoint…..

If he’s happy with 30, 20, 10 FPS so be it. He tries to convince everyone in all these threads. Just ignore it. 

"He tries to convince everyone in all these threads."

I have other things to do than try to convince everyone.This is my personal demonstration. You do what you want with it.And there is nothing very dangerous to try different settings.And I have no problem saying that 30 fps is a very good solution and I defend it.

"Just ignore it. "

You give advice to others when you are not even able to respect what you advise champion.

This time with Vsync-off

fps are good with the i7 4790k and the GTX 1080 with MSFS Ultra/Hight settings and everything is in the "green and yellow" but the experience is really not good  (full of little stutter) than with the Vsync "on" 30fps locked is is definitely much smoother.

2 hours ago, filou said:

And I have no problem saying that 30 fps is a very good solution and I defend it.

You're in very good company, of course. 

spacer.png

Let's examine why....

A worst-case scenario is looking out the side window at an object very near the plane like a taxiway sign or blue light.  At taxi speeds, say between 15-25knots, that object will move laterally ~2-2.5".  My display is ultra-wide, w/ a PPI of around 110 pixels per inch.   This means, at 30fps, each frame rendered represents ~9pixels, or 0.08inchs of lateral travel.  I'm ~30" from the display.  Will I notice the series of 0.08" 'jumps' from one frame to the next, at 30" away?  Hardly.  Now, even more relevant is when does anyone taking off look at objects perpendicularly out the side window?  Not often, hopefully!

More plausible is looking out the side window at an object like a building, from say from 1000' AGL, briefly, while you're still negotiating your climb:  that building you are looking at, at say a speed of 200knots, has moved perhaps 1/2 an inch on a 34" display.  So now, each frame rendered involves 1.8 pixels.  

Remember, we're not saying here 30fps is the end goal.  For me, it's smooth, stutter-free animation that always trumps frame rate, at least now.  Of course, when frame rate drops down to a certain level it becomes easy to see individual frames.  But 30fps really works quite well, and is why when asked many people responded they are way fine with a solid, stutter free 30fps.   When that can be done in any plane, at the highest possible graphic settings, at any airport, at synced frame rates of >30, well of course that is where we would normally want to go.  Very fortunately, it's just not very critical in the flight simulator domain.  

Edited by Noel
  • Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

@Noel,

We agree.

A question:

Normally with the configuration you have and with Vsync "on" 30fps locked  you are never below 30 in all scenarios reassure me!? 

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Long quoted post removed.

28 minutes ago, filou said:

@Noel,

We agree.

A question:

Normally with the configuration you have and with Vsync "on" 30fps locked  you are never below 30 in all scenarios reassure me!? 

Yes, Filou, I am never below 30 in all scenarios, using the Aerosoft CRJ and B78X Heavy Division.  All settings on Ultra, T-SS 8x, AF 16x, 3440x1440.  My CPU and GPU are well balanced overall--though could use a bit more CPU.  This explains the critical considerations to achieve this--I detest having to stop and adjust.  Pay close attention to #3:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/617846-what-settings-do-you-use-to-reach-the-holy-grail-of-msfs/?do=findComment&comment=4757628

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

15 minutes ago, Noel said:

Yes, Filou, I am never below 30 in all scenarios, using the Aerosoft CRJ and B78X Heavy Division.  All settings on Ultra, T-SS 8x, AF 16x, 3440x1440.  My CPU and GPU are well balanced overall--though could use a bit more CPU.  This explains the critical considerations to achieve this--I detest having to stop and adjust.  Pay close attention to #3:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/617846-what-settings-do-you-use-to-reach-the-holy-grail-of-msfs/?do=findComment&comment=4757628

Thank you .

I know very well that my i7 4790k and my GTX 1080 do not work miracles, but the importance in my case is to have found the balance for most situations with clouds in ultra among other things that I appreciate very much and as well as theTerrain LOD .I went down to 60 .It goes completely unnoticed visually compare to 100 and it consolidates performance.I can take advantage of all the scenarios except for a few places that everyone knows.

"I detest having to stop and adjust" Don't tell me about it! I'm completely allergic to it! + other little things unimportant...🙃

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, filou said:

.It goes completely unnoticed visually compare to 100

I know what you mean.  The CPU 'penalty' for T-LOD is huge relative to the visual improvements.

Noel