Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

So Now I can't Launch 2020

Organization might mean Administration rights issue. Click on the folders Properties and try to change Administration rights so that Windows considers you are a valid user to make the changes. I'm not sure of the exact procedure.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Hi Howard, easy one first - yes, the file is called "UserCfg.opt". Don't know what you use for editing such stuff but Notepad++ is my preferred editor - it'll let you edit and save in all sorts of formats without any worries, and it's freeware.

No real idea about the copy problem. Sounds like a permissions thing. What do you use for copying? It you're just using Windows' own file manager I can see that might be a problem. I haven't used a Microsoft file manager since before Windows, even in DOS it was a useless bit of junk. I use a program called Directory Opus these days, but that's sort of pricey if you just need it for one job like this. There may be decent freeware ones out there these days - I'll check it out. Did you Google the error message?

Did you try "move" or "Copy"? Maybe Copy would work where Move doesn't? I'm assuming the problem is with the Official folder rather than the Community folder?

If you've created the new empty folder (driveN\MSFS or whatever) and added the correct pointer in UserCfg.opt, what happens if you start the sim? It may be that it just comes up and moves the official folder stuff there itself automatically. That would be logical (so probably not what happens!) so might be worth a try.

Sorted, thanks Andy. I decided to simply leave the community folder where it is and use addon linker. Saves a lot of faffing around and all seems to be OK. Cheers for the help.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

17 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi Skully, sure, sorry if I have not explained things properly. The installation is now OK, everything is working, it's just that my community folder and the one store folder have been installed onto my C drive and not on the separate G drive, even after selecting the G drive during the installation process. EDIT: Just realised, I can use AddOn linker.

Outstanding! Glad you got it up and running Rock!

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

Saves a lot of faffing around

The less faffing around, the happier the universe is. As long as it's working, s'all good! Happy flying, Howard

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

6 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Sorted, thanks Andy. I decided to simply leave the community folder where it is and use addon linker. Saves a lot of faffing around and all seems to be OK. Cheers for the help.

If that works with no performance drop, it's could be a plan for anyone out there whose main drive has little space left.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.