Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Lost my C337

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Solved... this did it:

STEP 3 — SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS

• Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
  • Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
  • Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
  • Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)

Interesting Bert.

I went through hell right after upgrading my board/CPU/Ram. I could not get the sim to run. I posted a link that explained that I had to set the region, time, etc and that what got my sim to load again. Congrats!

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:54 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Solved... this did it:

STEP 3 — SYNCHRONIZE TIME SETTINGS

• Go back to Start, then select Settings > Time & Language.
  • Select Date & Time and toggle the “Set time automatically setting" and “Set time zone automatically” to ON.
  • Click on Synchronize your clock to synchronize your system's clock with an Internet time server.
  • Then click Region, double-check that your country or region is correctly set up (for example if you live in Canada, make sure that the region isn’t automatically set to the USA or vice-versa)

THAT's IT.  After I posted about reinstalling I was wracking my brain trying to remember about another simmer who had this same issue with an addon. 

I had ran across that post when I couldn't get Live wx loaded into the sim 3 days after DST started.  I had windows set to update time auto etc but discovered my clock being 1 hr off and that prevented me from getting live wx.  Appears to be a common issue with windows.

Since the computer clock seems very critical to MSFS operation(s) (See Howard's issues too  @Rockcliffe)  maybe someone can post something in tips/tricks forum?   Glad it's sorted.  (And 18 suggestions lol - not very Zen-like)

Edit:  Duh, Forgot the problems Jose was having too.

Edited by irocx
  • Like 1

Regards, Kendall