Sign in to follow this  
teropa

2D panel undocking and saving in WINDOWED mode - not working

Yup, normal rendering views work fine. As soon as I add a detached panel view, it doesnt save.OK, thanks, thats what I was looking for.

Guest RonB49

>OK, thanks, thats what I was looking for.I believe that many problems go unsolved in these forums just because we don't understand each other. Thanks to VOX for rephrasing the question and thanks to Phil for sticking with it until he understood.I've ofter thought that I knew the answer to some problem presented here and that if I could just watch the poster as I explained it to him, I'd see when his eyes glazed over and know it was time to use different words to explain it.R-

I thought that I used the word "panel" in the subject ;).End sarcasm. Yes, we are talking panels here.Glad you got it reproduced. Waiting for the fix. Thanks Phil!rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Guest RonB49

>I thought that I used the word "panel" in the subject ;).My point exactly. Had you been talking to Phil face to face, you would have known immediately that you and he were not, "on the same page." It is a problem in these forums. R-

Guest Arry

Hello,oh my Gosh !!We were writing so often about the fact, that very well arranged panels never come back to the same place, where they have been, when saving a flight and reloading it.If I have arranged four panels, load the situation again, they all appear on one screen and have to be pulled to the right position on the proper screen again.Every time, I load a saved flight, this has to be done again and again.The views are a problem too !!The size of the main view window is always smaller, as I have saved it.My server setup has three view windos - screens - and four panel windows - screens.And that is defewnitely VERY annoying, to rearrange them all the time, many times a day.This problem has NOT existed with FS9, but now with FSX.As I wrote earlier: ACES should have some testers the next time, who hav a setup like mine. I would have told you directly, that something is very wrong.By the way: I am in the luckky position, to be able, to spend a lot of time with flightsimming, as I am a retired Dipl.-Ing.(FH) for Eletrotechnics.And I dare say, it is a big difference, if you just have one view and one panel or three views (another two views wqith clients) and four panels.Best regardsArry

>Yup, normal rendering views work fine. As soon as I add a>detached panel view, it doesnt save.>>OK, thanks, thats what I was looking for.Phil,Are you fixing this issue for the SP2 ?rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

>this still needs testing, but yes we are trying to fix this>one.Excellent news. Thanks, Phil.rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Thank you Stephane,I am sure I will use this for the time being. However, I tend to also expect a permanent fix from Microsoft.Thanks for a great contribution.rgds,Tero

PPL(A)

Don't know if this means anything or not, but for what it is worth:By far in large, I have had the problem of multiple "panels" on four multiple monitors not loading where they were saved when that flight was selected again after restarting FSX. I have just ignored the problem and not given it much thought. However, in reading this post (and all replies) again, the following thought does come to mind:I saved as my default flight, the Eaglesoft Citation II in front of the hanger behind the Apron at KLWB. I did in fact have a secondary panel, "Engine_Elec_2" on my secondary monitor off of my primary video card (8800GTX). Every time I start FSX with this as my default flight, she comes up exactly as I saved it, with the secondary "panel", same size, same location.Is it possible that this feature works with some aircraft/aircraft panels and doesn't with others and might be panel specific? It surely is with this choice, while I have noticed that many others do not play fair. Another possiblility I guess might be that the default flight is handled differently.I have not experimented with this, but will try multiple and different choices and see what happens. Others of you might want to try the same thing and I'll bet we get different results with different aircraft/aircraft panels.Phil, you sure have thicker skin and more patience than I do. I sure appreciate it.The mystery continues:RTH

First Findings:1. I tried adding panels for the ES Citation II mentioned above as follows:Gyro Panel, lower left, primary video, secondary monitorPressurization Panel, Lower Right, primary video, secondary monitorAudio Panel, Secondary Video, Primary monitorTimer, Secondary Video, Secondary monitor. With an FSX restart, the original electrical panel which was in the upper left position of the primary video, secondary monitor was still there exactly as saved. All other panels had moved to the primary video, primary monitor stacked upon each other over the main panel.2. Again, with the ES Citation II, I replaced the electrical panel with the Audio Panel on the Primary Video, Secondary Monitor.After a restart, the panel was retained as saved.3. Brought up the default learjet, and saved panels as follows:GPS, Lower right, Primary video, secondary monitorThrottle Quadrant, Lower left, Primary video, secondary monitorTrim, Secondary Video, Primary monitorAPU, Secondary Video, Secondary monitorAfter a restart, all secondary panels were in the upper left of the Primary Video, Secondary Monitor. GPS on top, Throttle Quadrant behind the GPS, Trim behind the Throttle Quandrant, and the Apu behind the Trim.Note that this was unlike the Citation II panels, where all with the exception of one panel were located in the lower right position of the primary video, primary monitor on top of the main panel.Looks like a bit of a turkey shoot, but my best guess is that everything reloads after startup in one of these two positions, lower right over the main panel, or upper left on the secondary monitor of one's primary video card. As I suspected, it seems that my secondary video card is ignored relative to panel placement after an FSX restart. The secondary monitor off of the primary video does retain panels, but position seems locked in the one position and is not consistant. This also may not be consistant relative to hardware, but I do not have the capability to check that.Again, for what it is worth:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21